Dan Snyder; Dumpster diver...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you look over the big time signings of the Redskins since the Snyder era began, you see a man who is excited by other peoples trash, their yard sales, the stuff other people do not want.

Dion Sanders
Mark Carrier
Bruce Smith
Mark Brunnel
Archuletta
Lloyd
Albert

Add to that the failed bids to get Cutler this past off season and the year before offering TWO #1's for Ocho Cinco.

Add to that Spurrier and Marty and Joe all not wanting the job and being bribed into taking it.

I mention this because of how Cutler is playing; a big talent who, without fail, will blow it in the fourth quarter, as he did, once again, last night. Otter called this, so I gotta give him credit for that, Cutler being an int throwing hack. Chicago was thought to be an instant playoff, if not Superbowl, team with the addition of Jay or so went the non otter talking heads.

That made me reflect on what we'd be dealing with had he come here; yet another free agent distraction.

I heard a great comment last week from a someone, it may have been John Riggins...

It is not necessarilly him signing someone like a Deon Sanders or Albert Haynesworth for their talent, it is more or less him signing them for the media exposure. These big deals put him in the spotlight at the beggining of the season which drives the sales upwards in the hopes of a great year.

The media exposure and pimping the team for the almighty dollar is more important than a high caliber team with the shot of putting a 4th trophy in the case.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You just realizing this? :biggrin:

No. You've been saying it for, what, 3-4 years? Watching Cutler last night and then thinking he was almost the latest addition, Fat Albert and his $40 mil guaranteed sitting on the bench, just was thinking about it.

Mojo

No. You've been saying it for, what, 3-4 years? Watching Cutler last night and then thinking he was almost the latest addition, Fat Albert and his $40 mil guaranteed sitting on the bench, just was thinking about it.

:lol: Fat Albert may be a lot of money, but he definitely does jam up the middle. I didn't realize how much of an asset he was until last night.

thurley42

HY;FR
I fail to see how having Jay Cutler could make your position any worse than it already is? Maybe 2-8??? :killingme

You need an offensive jaggernaut like Brady Quinn or Matt Stafford...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:lol: Fat Albert may be a lot of money, but he definitely does jam up the middle. I didn't realize how much of an asset he was until last night.

He is a great player. However, he didn't take a bottom tier defense and lead it to the top. He took a real good defense and made it marginally better.

Absent him, the Skins held Dallas to 7 points and Romo to an otherwise dismal outing.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I felt somewhat satisfied even with the loss. I know we stink but the Dallas fans think they have a decent team. :lol:

It is not a good thing to take pleasure in the pain of others. :tap:

And Dallas is pretty good. Maybe wild card good. Maybe even win the division good. I mean, we're not all that far from being right in the mix at 5-5 or so.

A play or two per game and we beat Detroit, Carolina, the Chiefs and Dallas and we're 6-4. :shrug: Does that make us in the same class as the Giants, Philly, Nola or the Vikes, no. But, it does make us about as good as most of the league. I'll grant you, Dallas is deluded to some extent but, they've got some good wins against good teams, the Falcons, Philly, and almost beat the Giants. And they were not as bad as the score against Green Bay.

:shrug:

Otter

Nothing to see here
It is not a good thing to take pleasure in the pain of others. :tap:

And Dallas is pretty good. Maybe wild card good. Maybe even win the division good. I mean, we're not all that far from being right in the mix at 5-5 or so.

A play or two per game and we beat Detroit, Carolina, the Chiefs and Dallas and we're 6-4. :shrug: Does that make us in the same class as the Giants, Philly, Nola or the Vikes, no. But, it does make us about as good as most of the league. I'll grant you, Dallas is deluded to some extent but, they've got some good wins against good teams, the Falcons, Philly, and almost beat the Giants. And they were not as bad as the score against Green Bay.

:shrug:

Dallas is very hard to figure, I believe they have better than average talent, but I think the coaching is lacking.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dallas is very hard to figure, I believe they have better than average talent, but I think the coaching is lacking.

I think the D is sound. On offense, their line is pretty beat up, too. I think I will give us some credit for yesterday, right up until Blache went prevent and gave the field, and the game, away.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If you look over the big time signings of the Redskins since the Snyder era began, you see a man who is excited by other peoples trash, their yard sales, the stuff other people do not want.

Dion Sanders
Mark Carrier
Bruce Smith
Mark Brunnel
Archuletta
Lloyd
Albert

Add to that the failed bids to get Cutler this past off season and the year before offering TWO #1's for Ocho Cinco.

Add to that Spurrier and Marty and Joe all not wanting the job and being bribed into taking it.

I mention this because of how Cutler is playing; a big talent who, without fail, will blow it in the fourth quarter, as he did, once again, last night. Otter called this, so I gotta give him credit for that, Cutler being an int throwing hack. Chicago was thought to be an instant playoff, if not Superbowl, team with the addition of Jay or so went the non otter talking heads.

That made me reflect on what we'd be dealing with had he come here; yet another free agent distraction.

You left Portis off the list :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Go a step further, they shut them out for the first 3 quarters and they scored on a tired defense.

Dallas sure does have an explosive offense. :sarcasm:
I don't even think it was the defense that was tired either. I think they could have held them. It was blache and his epic prevent defense, which always seems to fail.

Can't wait to see that guy gone.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I don't even think it was the defense that was tired either. I think they could have held them. It was blache and his epic prevent defense, which always seems to fail.

Can't wait to see that whole coaching staff gone(except buges).

:fixed: