Dang racist Muslims....what???? how do it be??

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Are we assuming that this park located in the wealthiest and best educated majority Black County in the United States won't be maintained?
I'd assume that ANY park will degrade to the point of scary, regardless of where they are and what the income is. Very few parks are consistently maintained and safe.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Actually, greenspace and parks raises prices.
I think the type of park - a community park, one that doesn't attract people from outside the neighborhood - and greenspace.
But when you have parking lots and lights, people start to worry about the wrong crowd (yutz) hanging out and becoming a nuisance

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I think the type of park - a community park, one that doesn't attract people from outside the neighborhood - and greenspace.
But when you have parking lots and lights, people start to worry about the wrong crowd (yutz) hanging out and becoming a nuisance
It sounds that this may not be real accessible being buried in the development. If it has basketball hoops that statement will be non-operative.

Perrywood upon 202 had the problem when it opened. Had ball courts and people came out from the Inner Beltway and the residents had real angst enforcing the private property aspect.

I can almost tell you what happened with this development. The developer/builder had to install a community recreational greenspace (part of the new statewide requirements) and lucked into having MNCPP already planning for one there. I'd be willing to bet that the development plats were filed and then the developer went to MNCPP and offered to "donate" the land for the park. That takes the cost off him.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It sounds that this may not be real accessible being buried in the development. If it has basketball hoops that statement will be non-operative.
Exactly why homeowners are concerned. Just because it's not readily accessible doesn't mean yutz won't come.
They'll park on streets and cut through yards
That's the norm, and race has nothing to do with it, nor economics. It's a matter if you build it, they will come. Kids all seem to have access to a car now, so getting there isn't a problem