Dating fixer-uppers

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I know some people are romantically attracted to the kind of person that would be considered flawed(druggie, drunk, long rap sheet). What makes a person want to or think they can change someone? Who has time and energy for that?

Because I am desperately trying to avoid some paper work, I'm going to pick at your comment a bit. You answer your own question, who has time for that? Some people you know!
What makes 'em want to do it? You know them, ask 'em! :buddies:

I think 'fixer upper' and 'flawed' are a bit softer terms and not really the best adjectives for describing helping druggies, drunks and ex cons. Drugs and alcohol problems probably should probably be left to professional help and anyone who wants to take that on isn't so much a 'fixer upper' as, in my view, ####ed up themselves. As for 'wanting to' when I found out the Mendez brothers found wives AFTER finding themselves suddenly, and tragically, orphaned and AFTER the state placed them in a...secure...orphanage, I stopped asking these sorts of questions EVER again. People are just...people...and there really isn't much explaining or understanding us. :shrug:

Now, I gotta find something else to do to avoid them papers... :jameo:

CrashTest

Attachments

• cigarette.jpg
    cigarette.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 305

SamSpade

I know some people are romantically attracted to the kind of person that would be considered flawed(druggie, drunk, long rap sheet). What makes a person want to or think they can change someone? Who has time and energy for that?

As the "sane", baggage-free person, it gives them the control in the relationship.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That one is one of those general truths about women. The woman most likely to throw a pot at your head during an argument is also the most likely to be f'ing your brains out 10 minutes later.

Passion is passion, good and bad. Someone who tends to have high energy in one area almost certainly has it in other areas as well. It's up to you to determine whether the sex is worth it or not. Many people apparently think it is.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
You can't change people or fix them. I don't have time to fix someone else's problems. They are a grown up and need to fix their own dang problems. I have flaws and will be the first person to admit it. I wouldn't want someone to change me either. I will never be the perfect lady to do hair and makeup everyday. Or grow out of the horse phase. Or be a good cook. What I can do is support myself and not have to depend on someone else to do it.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'll go with that. Knight in Shining Armor Syndrome.

:yeahthat: and for women it is our tendency to be care givers. We like taking care of, and mothering. It all works out just fine when you're with another sane human being. That is how most happy marriages last. Sane is the key word, there seems to be a short supply of that.