Dayum Weather!!

Eventer29

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I cancled my Cross Country clinic that was supposed to be today because we were supposed to get all that bad weather! Now its supposed to be NICE today. Of course the ground will be a little wet because of the rain last night. Thats no biggy. Maybe I can still get some of my students together for a class. I hate to waste the decent weather.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
It's not nice in northern Calvert. It's still overcast and misty. The ground is soupy here. It's not cold though the weather reports said the low pressure system and the tail end of the "storm" from last night will bring colder temps and windy conditions as the day progresses.

Eventer29

lol the weather that day ended up screwy here. rainy for a lil bit, then sunny and niceish, then more rain, then more sun, then colder and wind
If ya dont like the weather around here...wait five minutes lol

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Why would you cancel a ride on a horse for inclement weather?
I know for the bikes we have reduced traction, visibility and rain at 60 mph feels like needles hitting your skin, but do those apply at horse riding speeds?

(...and the Harly folks don't want to muss up their chrome)

fredsaid2

Why would you cancel a ride on a horse for inclement weather?
I know for the bikes we have reduced traction, visibility and rain at 60 mph feels like needles hitting your skin, but do those apply at horse riding speeds?

(...and the Harly folks don't want to muss up their chrome)

Slippery, muddy conditions can cause injury to the horse plus riding them through all the mud and yuck can damage the trails or the ring footing.