DDX Hits the press

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Bustem' Down said:
USS Cape St. George. CG-71 Ticonderoga Class Aegis cruiser. 567 ft long 350 officers and crew. same hull as a "Spru-can".
Cool! I was on USS John Hancock (DD-981). I don't recall having a third of the crew set up to do damage control, but then again, I got out of the Navy in 1987 and a lot could have changed since then.

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
I applied at Raytheon for the DDX program and they told me they weren't going to apply AEGIS Fundamentals on that ship....

Agee

aps45819 said:
One of the big advantages of the DDx is the inclusion of stealth technology. It's small radar image makes it a difficult target.
A contributor to DD(X) and its "small radar signature" comes from its unique hull design. Labled "Wave Piercing", it allows the ship to plow through the waves instead of riding over them, as with current platforms. The majority of the ships structure is in fact "underwater". This decreases the Pitch and Roll of the ship, keeping it low in the water, and further out of Radar detection.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Fishn Guy said:
I applied at Raytheon for the DDX program and they told me they weren't going to apply AEGIS Fundamentals on that ship....
I guess that makes you pretty cool then too huh.

Glad to see the Fishn Guy came back.