De Blasio Claims Mandates That Threaten People’s Paychecks and Their Dining Experience Are ‘Good For Business’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“This city right now, 90% of adults have had at least one dose of the vaccine. And there are plenty of people with strong opinions here. There are plenty of people who like Donald Trump here. There are plenty of people who don’t want the government to tell them what to do,” he added. “But the mandates made a difference because people are not going to lose a paycheck over it. They’re not going to not be able to go to a restaurant. If you say, ‘Here are some clear rules, you want to fully participate in society, all you gotta do is get vaccinated,’ the vast majority of people say, ‘Okay, I’m in.'”

Later on, de Blasio claimed that critics who said vaccine mandates are bad for business are wrong because they prevent businesses from having to shut down.

“Covid is bad for business. Mandates are good for business. Covid is bad for business,” de Blasio told the host. “I’ve heard from so many business people, first of all, [who] bluntly said, ‘Please do it for us. If the government does it, then we don’t have to be the bad guys, right? We don’t have to say to our employees, ‘let me explain this to you … We can just point out that sign on the wall and say, hey, guys, everyone has to do it.'”

“A lot of businesspeople said, ‘Please make it as universal as possible. So folks won’t go from one industry to another.’ They’re trying to shop for a place with no mandate,” de Blasio said. “I actually think this is what’s going to save business. And also what’s the worst thing in the world for business? What’s going on now? In England, Germany, Austria, shutdowns restrictions. That’s what kills business. That’s what kills jobs. Mandates are actually going to save us from having a shutdown.”