Dear 97.7 The Rocket owners...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Methinks you, like many, confuse what they call "country music" these days, with what is played on Outlaw Country. Nothing in common. ;-)

Check out some Duane Eddy....Steve Earl...David Allan Coe..Emmy Lou Harris...Johnny Cash...Joe Ely..Shooter Jennings...Jim Lauderdale..Ray Wyle Hubbard...Jason Isbell (a cousin of mine)...

Last edited:

mitzi

Granted I am not a life-long SOMD resident like some of you are BUT, when in the HELL was 97.7 EVER a contemporary rock, active rock, or any other rock other than "classic rock" station??!! From what I remember of the recent past, it turned to more progressive rock (stuff from the mid-90's to today) for about 10 minutes back a few years ago.

Other than that, it has been the same sh!t before and after. Nothing but "classic rock" from the 60's to 1987.

On a funny side note. I do like the station interrupts that say "From Nirvana to Fleetwood Mac...." When in God's name do they EVER play Nirvana?? :lmao:

They played some Nirvana back during that brief change a few years ago that didn't last.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I thought all that music (97.7 and 98.3) came down from the satellite as a stream. What actual "programming" is there anyway?

mitzi

Ah yes. I believe that was the pre-Ripley days (that guy was a tool!)

"I don't do song requests! I do song 'suggestions." What a nozzle!

Maybe then but definately when BlakJak was on there. Speaking of Ripley, someone needs to update the station's website. Evidently I signed up for emails and contests when he was on there. Just last month, I got a birthday greeting from him at 97.7. How long has he been gone now?:lmao:

Catman2

Methinks you, like many, confuse what they call "country music" these days, with what is played on Outlaw Country. Nothing in common. ;-)

Check out some Duane Eddy....Steve Earl...David Allan Coe..Emmy Lou Harris...Johnny Cash...Joe Ely..Shooter Jennings...Jim Lauderdale..Ray Wyle Hubbard...Jason Isbell (a cousin of mine)...

Love me some Ray Wylie.