Dear Devine?

fredsaid2

Are you signing up to train the stallion they have to shoot with a tranqualizer gun? It's in the classifieds.

Seeing as how the other topic has been run into the ground.....:smile:

Loper

Animal Poor!
Are you signing up to train the stallion they have to shoot with a tranqualizer gun? It's in the classifieds.

Seeing as how the other topic has been run into the ground.....:smile:

:nono: :nono:
who will train my ponies if she gets hurt.... :killingme:killingme

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I was wondering if anyone had responded to that ad. I wouldn't touch that horse with a 50 yard pole. Keeping my body parts attached is the plan.

highnote

I agree. They need to invest in a well known "problem horse" trainer (the likes of lyons, roberts, parelli, anderson, etc)... not look in the classifieds for someone to do the job "inexpensively". If they are so attached to this horse, they should be willing to make the investment that he is going to require.

It sounds like there might be a bigger (physical/mental) problem wit this horse... to go from wonderful bareback rides one day, to trying to kill the vet (even after sedation)!

No thank you!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Sounds like the Stallion needs to become a gelding. That is not something to be passing on to off spring.:otter:

I like the ad said "he goes out only with mares". Next year there will be even more to train. :whistle:

fredsaid2

Sounds like the Stallion needs to become a gelding. That is not something to be passing on to off spring.:otter:

I like the ad said "he goes out only with mares". Next year there will be even more to train. :whistle:

Agree! First order of business is to shoot him up, then lop them off.
It's such a crazy ad I was surprised no one had mentioned it. I hope no one gets hurt before they figure out what to do.

Loper, I really don't think a valuable resource like Devine should go anywhere near this boy. She should be saved for people w/ their sanity intact (or nearly). At the very least, anyone she works for should have a complete wardrobe for each pony. :whistle:

Loper

Animal Poor!
Agree! First order of business is to shoot him up, then lop them off.
It's such a crazy ad I was surprised no one had mentioned it. I hope no one gets hurt before they figure out what to do.

Loper, I really don't think a valuable resource like Devine should go anywhere near this boy. She should be saved for people w/ their sanity intact (or nearly). At the very least, anyone she works for should have a complete wardrobe for each pony. :whistle:

:diva:

devinej

LOL i haven't even seen the ad yet, but it sounds fantastic!! hold on, i will go copy and paste it for everyone

devinej

"troubled stallion, no back ground / where abouts, got from a friend. guessing he is 3 years old. apparently old owner was able to give him shots. won't take any from me or any vet without trying to attack them. vet weve been using terrified him into being very scared and harmful to us and our 2 geldings. he goes out only with mares. tried to fix him, vet suggested 2 darts put in by animal control. 4cc's of meds and snapped right out of it and ran over vet. im the only one he trusts but after one expiercence with him acting "crazy" im terrified of him. love him to death. gorgeous boy. EXTREMELY SMART!!!!!! very loving or atleast used to be. dont want to get rid. but ive come to the point where i cant train him on my own. and dont want to get seriously hurt by him. he now sees all of our geldings as threats and trys to attack all of them within just seeing a glimps of him. before all the vet incidents happend, first time i rode him which was ONCE was BAREBACK perfect!! no problem. now its completely diferent. i can't let this boy go, he has too much potential and a very smart boy. he has my heart. and it upsets me that hes like this. very tight on money at the moment. so please have a heart and be reasonable with the pricing. i really need help. i love this horse so much.
thanks"

WOW that is reallly really insane. i can't believe they are turning a crazy stallion out with mares. what idiots. and then they want someone "affordable" to deal with him? RIGHT. you couldn't pay me enough to deal with that crap.......... i value my life and limbs...

Cowgirl

WOW that is reallly really insane. i can't believe they are turning a crazy stallion out with mares. what idiots. and then they want someone "affordable" to deal with him? RIGHT. you couldn't pay me enough to deal with that crap.......... i value my life and limbs...

Oh come on!! He's smart and used to be very loving!

:roflmao: She even said Thank You! :lmao:

devinej

Dear ____________,

I just saw your ad on SOMD.com about your troubled stallion. Looks like you might need some help. I am a local horse trainer, but I value my life too much to offer my services for an affordable price. If I were you, I'd try the darts again with 12ccs. Get him gelded, and put him in a paddock by himself.

In the future: unless you want baby horses, which you should not want from a "crazy stallion", do not turn a stallion out with mares.

I highly doubt that your vet caused your stallion to be so violent towards people and geldings.......

A stallion, especially once he's been turned out with mares will become violent towards intrudors and threats such as geldings.

The other option is to buy a hunting rifle......

devinej

here is what i sent:

Hi ________,

Just saw your ad about your stallion on somd.com. Have you gotten any responses yet? Looks like you need help, and I am a local horse trainer, but from your description, it seems you have quite a problem on your hands, one that I'm not really willing to take on, especially for an affordable price, as I value my life and limbs...

But, just wanted to offer a few words of advice -
- Separate him from the mares, put him in a secure paddock by himself, preferably where he cannot see the mares. A stallion naturally becomes aggressive toward others (horses and humans) when he has a herd of mares. Plus, do you really want baby horses? Especially from a stallion this "crazy"? There is already a problem with too many unwanted horses on the market as you probably know...please do your part and don't create more.

- Get the animal control guy out with a significantly larger dose of tranquilizer, and try again. Geld him, and keep him separated. After a couples weeks, hopefully you will notice a difference in his behavior. Then, if you want, try looking for a trainer again, I might consider it.

- Another option - load the horse in a horse trailer, preferable with an extra padded stallion slot so he can't turn around/move around much. do the tranquilizing in there where he can't get away. If he's bad about getting on the trailer, feed him his grain in there. don't let him have grain unless he's in the trailer.

Respectfully and Sincerely,

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Out of curiousity I wanted to respond to this ad! Unfortunately, I would not want to be sued for the impending confrontation ... but I have to think that a super rank stallion like this one, who was sweet a few months back...is the result of bad handling - oh, and those mares he is runnin with! Look at the other studs the peeps here have/had - Vince, Salute the Truth, Starbuck, Maximillian and the always popular Peanut! None of these stallions have a reputation for eating vets...perhaps that is why all but one still have their man-parts!