Dear Hijinx:

Hijinx

I( didn't know I was virtue signaling, I was just pointing out that your posts in this thread have led to the conclusion that you believe children of women with poor reputations or bad environments or a history of child abuse should have their children aborted.

I vehemently disagree. Every child conceived should have an equal chance at birth

This_person

They call them at-risk youths for a reason. Kids born into abuse are highly likely to become abusers themselves, and they are also likely to become inmates at the local prison. They are likely to abuse drugs, and they are likely to have their own children to abuse and neglect. The probability is so high it's almost a certainty.
And, yet, they're still convicted of nothing while in the womb.

There are certainly those who meet your criteria above - no doubt about it at all. But, about half are not from poverty. Better than half are from mothers who already have children - do we kill those children, too?

You're talking about the death penalty for probability of criminality based upon circumstances at birth. That's just not right.

Take religion out of it - I can tell you that 90% of people incarcerated right now are men - probability is, men are going to be the ones to commit crime, so do we just kill all male babies?

It just doesn't make sense.

This_person

That part there is where you go off the rails.

But if you like to see little kids beaten, raped, and tortured...

See how two can play that silly game?
The percentage of low-income (or total) children beaten, raped, tortured, or otherwise incarcerated is far too small to justify legally killing some on the basis that they might have problems.

There are waiting lines so long for infants to be adopted Americans go overseas to get babies. Those who adopt are generally far better off financially than those who kill their kids. It's usually financially advantageous to all involved for these people to sell their kids instead of kill them.

Just sayin'.

Hijinx

That part there is where you go off the rails.

But if you like to see little kids beaten, raped, and tortured...

See how two can play that silly game?

Please have the courtesy to use the whole sentence.
I( didn't know I was virtue signaling, I was just pointing out that your posts in this thread have led to the conclusion that you believe children of women with poor reputations or bad environments or a history of child abuse should have their children aborted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are waiting lines so long for infants to be adopted Americans go overseas to get babies. Those who adopt are generally far better off financially than those who kill their kids. It's usually financially advantageous to all involved for these people to sell their kids instead of kill them.

How do you intend to force these abusive negligent parents to put their children up for adoption? Do you wait for them to actually injure the child or kill it, or is there some criteria you'd look for at birth?

This_person

How do you intend to force these abusive negligent parents to put their children up for adoption? Do you wait for them to actually injure the child or kill it, or is there some criteria you'd look for at birth?
I would not force them to any more than I would force them to get pregnant in the first place.

The goal isn't to force someone to do something other than NOT kill someone else. The goal is to create the atmosphere where you are required to put up with the consequences of your actions. Don't want a kid - abort. Wait, abortion is illegal? I guess that means I'll either have to (a) get an illegal abortion, now risking my own life far more than if it was legal, or, (b) not get pregnant by someone with whom I do not want to share a child, or at a time I do not want to have a child, or.... (c) choose something else to do with the child, like raise it responsibly or give it up for adoption.

Any mother who would choose to kill her child over keeping it should never be a mother. That said, that is certainly not able to be legislated. What can be legislated is whether or not that mother kills her child legally.

Allowing for elective abortions, up to and including post-birth abortions as is now legal in NY and VA, demeans the life of every human on the planet. It's cruel and inhuman, far exceeding being a "bad" parent, or poor one.