Death Panels

PsyOps

Pixelated
You want to know what death panels look like? See California. This is what many of us fear when liberals are in control when a crisis comes along. Picking who lives and who dies.

California orders skilled nursing facilities to accept coronavirus patients

As fears escalate about the toll the coronavirus will take on the sick and elderly in nursing homes — who are among the most vulnerable to the deadly virus — California regulators have told skilled nursing facility operators that they must accept patients even if they have the disease.

The order comes amid a fierce debate between healthcare providers. Hospitals are desperate to clear space for an expected wave of COVID-19 patients, so they are discharging as many patients as possible, including nursing home residents.

The directive, in a letter to facilities on Monday from California Department of Public Health Deputy Director Heidi Steinecker, appears to side squarely with the hospitals. It says skilled nursing facilities “shall not refuse to admit or readmit a resident based on their status as a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case.”

“California’s directive is nothing less than a death sentence for countless residents. The state should instead look to alternative locations such as hotels and conference centers as much safer places to send COVID-19 patients for care,” McGinnis said.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Point being they have a legal limit to how many can be there. No edict by the state can change that.

Of course. So, the answer is... put them in nursing homes where they can spread the infection to elderly that aren't infected. Newsom has a strange way of containing the spread of this virus. There are so many places that can be set up to handle the overflow. Schools are closed, used them. Tent cities can be built. There are plenty of options other than throwing them into facilities that aren't infected. I thought to goal was to keep them separate. Nope. The goal appears to be, infect as many old people as possible. Thin the herd.

DaSDGuy

Of course. So, the answer is... put them in nursing homes where they can spread the infection to elderly that aren't infected. Newsom has a strange way of containing the spread of this virus. There are so many places that can be set up to handle the overflow. Schools are closed, used them. Tent cities can be built. There are plenty of options other than throwing them into facilities that aren't infected. I thought to goal was to keep them separate. Nope. The goal appears to be, infect as many old people as possible. Thin the herd.
Facilities are actually the easy part. Trained personnel to care for them are not available. I have a family member working as an RN at Anne Arundel. Her normal work week was 13 hour days, Saturday and Sunday only. Now its 4 or 5 days in a row every week. And they only get one N95 mask a day.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Facilities are actually the easy part. Trained personnel to care for them are not available. I have a family member working as an RN at Anne Arundel. Her normal work week was 13 hour days, Saturday and Sunday only. Now its 4 or 5 days in a row every week. And they only get one N95 mask a day.

That's why the licensing process has been waived. It opens up more care-takers to get to work. That's the good part. My daughter is an occupation therapist working in LA. The building she works in has a vent floor and nursing home. They are being told they have to accept infected patients.

I get nurses and doctors are overwhelmed, but there is no logic in this move to place these infected people in with non-infected people. Of the people that are most vulnerable, Newson says "let's spread the infection into that crowd". The guy is insane.

herb749

That's why the licensing process has been waived. It opens up more care-takers to get to work. That's the good part. My daughter is an occupation therapist working in LA. The building she works in has a vent floor and nursing home. They are being told they have to accept infected patients.

I get nurses and doctors are overwhelmed, but there is no logic in this move to place these infected people in with non-infected people. Of the people that are most vulnerable, Newson says "let's spread the infection into that crowd". The guy is insane.

It has been said the last few days that the " curve " is heading down on the west coast. So why now try to do this. :dork:

DaSDGuy

Agreed. Certifiably insane. Moving Covid-19 infected patients into a healthy facility and treating them with uncertified personnel is criminal.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Agreed. Certifiably insane. Moving Covid-19 infected patients into a healthy facility and treating them with uncertified personnel is criminal.

I think you are confused. According to what I have read on the directive, licensing is waived, not certification. I am certain any one seeking a nursing home license is fully certified. Being certified is a condition of obtaining license.