Debate Follow On

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CIVIL WAR AT FOX NEWS? Ingraham, Gutfeld, Others Attack Chris Wallace After Debate

Following the debate, some of Wallace’s co-workers began to criticize how he handled the evening, with many saying Trump was forced to debate him in addition to Biden.

“Trump is debating the moderator and Biden,” Fox’s Laura Ingraham tweeted.

Host Greg Gutfeld seemed to agree with Ingraham, re-tweeting multiple comments about Trump debating two people. In one retweet, podcast host Stephen L. Miller wrote that “Wallace is grilling Trump on his supporters taking to the streets when antifa is burning businesses down right now.”

“A draw between the contestants/combatants & a loss for the moderator,” another comment re-tweeted by Gutfeld reads. Gutfeld also wrote it “was not good” that Wallace laughed along with Biden at one point during the debate.

In a since-deleted tweet, Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade also aimed at Wallace, tweeting that it “looks like 2 V 1” debate at times. Kilmeade wondered why Biden was “allowed to interrupt” while Trump was not in a second tweet.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Chris Wallace Just Gave The Most Embarrassing Moderator Performance In History

Several times, Trump tried to talk about Biden’s scandalous family business dealings concerning his son Hunter, which presented a gross conflict of interest while Biden was in office during the Obama administration. After Biden repeatedly lied, saying it was “simply not true” that Hunter received $3.5 million from the wife of the ex-mayor of Moscow — in fact, a wire transfer and a Senate report revealed that’s exactly what happened — Wallace always deflected, closing out segments before Biden faced too much heat.

“We’ve already been through this,” Wallace interrupted. “I think the American people would rather hear about more substantial subjects. … I’d like to talk about climate change.”

“So would I,” Biden replied. That worked out well. Of course, Wallace then proceeded to debate Trump on climate change, touting Obama’s Clean Power Plan and using language seemingly intended to paint Trump as a science denier.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Presidential Debate Commission Tried, And Failed, To Ambush Trump

It certainly wasn’t a win, or even a draw, for Biden. You can tell because the next day, the media reacted by demanding that Biden not debate Trump again. Elected Democrats, on the other hand, know that if Biden refused to debate it would be a political disaster—their already weak nominee would look even weaker, and Trump would never shut up about it. That’s why top Democrats are calling for the debates to go on.

But since the first debate didn’t work out like it was supposed to, Democrats want the debate commission to institute some changes for the next debates, like cutting off Trump’s mic if he speaks over Biden.

The commission, which is run by a board of old liberals whose average age is over 70, was more than happy to comply. On Wednesday, it issued a statement saying it will change the rules for the next two debates.

“Last night’s debate made it clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues,” the statement read. Although it didn’t say what changes were coming, the commission said it “intends to ensure that additional tools to maintain order are in place for the remaining debates.”

In other words, the problem Tuesday night wasn’t too much biased moderating, it was too little. The candidates were too free to simply talk as they pleased, and we can’t have that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ted Cruz Calls Chris Wallace’s Moderating ‘Abysmal,’ ‘Whiny,’ And ‘Petulant’

Cruz criticized Wallace’s “snide comments” toward Trump. When Biden said, “I can’t remember with of all his rantings,” Wallace chuckled with the remark, “I’m having a little trouble myself.”

Noting the liberal leanings of Wallace, a registered Democrat, Cruz compared his debate questions to an “oppo research dump.”

“They were equivalent of asking Trump ‘when did you stop beating your wife,’ and he didn’t do that on the other side,” Cruz said. He thought Wallace’s first question, about the Supreme Court, was a good start — but was frustrated each time Wallace stepped in to save Biden from having to answer Trump’s challenges.

“There were several times I thought the president had Biden on the ropes. For example, when Biden said, ‘Lots of law enforcement are supporting me,’ and Trump said ‘Fine, name one law enforcement organization in America that’s supporting you,’ and Biden blinked in terror and had no answer,” Cruz said. “And then Wallace jumped in, oh, let’s move on, let’s move on.”

At one point during the debate, Wallace’s repeated interruptions prompted Trump to remark, “I guess I’m debating you, not him.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chris Wallace should be embarrassed at his performance but he probably isn't. Lefties don't feel things like embarrassment or shame for their actions; it's all toward their idea of a higher purpose and oh well if they have to debase themselves in public.

A couple of things:

I'm tired of Leftists calling everything an "attack" when it's simply criticism. Their bots busting up cities, rioting, looting, beating and killing people - THOSE are attacks. Criticizing Chris Wallace's debate interference is not.

A simple solution would be to have one Lefty and one Righty doing the moderation, and they take turns asking questions. And by "Righty" I don't mean a never-Trumper. Unless it's Brit Hume, who is no fan of President Trump but he is still honest, fair, and knowledgeable. These debate moderators are always DNC operatives disguised as journalists, who go hard after the Republican while fawning on the Democrat.

Lastly, these things are debates. Point, rebuttal, make your case. They're not press conferences where decorum is the order; they are debates and frequently they get heated. The Lefties are freaking out about this latest debate because they know their guy lost and looks like a fool. So now, of course, they want to change the rules. Because all that spin and bias just isn't spinny and biased enough to drag their guy panting and heaving over the finish line before he collapses.

Lastly lastly, I always wonder what the primary candidates Joe Biden "beat" really think of all this. They have to all - every single one of them - be going, WTAF-AYFKMRN????? What does Mayor Pete think of going from front running star candidate to changing Joe Biden's diapers and convincing the public that smell is really Donald Trump?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fact Check: Transcript Shows Trump Did Not ‘Refuse’ To ‘Denounce’ Or ‘Condemn’ White Supremacy At Debate

It is absolutely accurate that Trump told the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by.” I, like many others, interpret that statement to be insufficiently critical (although personally I think it had to do more with Trump’s sloppy speaking style and hostility towards the question than any nefarious motivations). My interpretation, however, does not constitute a fact.

The fact is that Wallace specifically asked Trump if he was “willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups,” and Trump immediately replied, “Sure.” That is incontrovertible. It is not an interpretation. It is also not reflected whatsoever in the headlines that are currently blaring incorrect information to millions of readers.

The counterargument is that Trump’s statement on the Proud Boys was not a condemnation, thus it’s accurate to say he “refused to condemn white supremacy” on the basis that the Proud Boys are a proxy for it. When asked clearly to condemn white supremacy, however, Trump said “sure.” The coverage, then, should reflect that he condemned white supremacy, even if it also reports on the Proud Boys line.

That line is still murky. Is telling them to “stand back” not a condemnation? If so, did he undercut “stand back” with “stand by”? Trump is not an easy politician to cover because he doesn’t speak like a normal politician. Nevertheless, the fact remains that he said “sure” when asked directly to condemn white supremacists. I’m of the opinion that interpreting it as a “refusal” is wrong, but either way he condemned white supremacists in the first part of his exchange with Wallace.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump Eviscerates the False Narrative About His Proud Boys Answer to White Supremacy Question

Democrats like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) quickly seized on this clip as evidence that “Trump is a white supremacist.” Yet Trump has repeatedly denounced and condemned white supremacy and white supremacists like the Ku Klux Klan.

As PJ Media’s Stacey Lennox pointed out, Chris Wallace should know. Trump firmly denounced the KKK and white supremacists in a presidential debate in 2016 — after Wallace asked him. “I totally disavow the Ku Klux Klan. I totally disavow David Duke. I’ve been doing it now for two weeks,” then-candidate Trump said. “That question was also talked about in the form of groups, groups. I want to know, which groups are you talking about? Which groups?”

2016: Trump denounced white supremacy to Chris Wallace
2020: Chris Wallace tries the same HOAX, this time talking over Trump
See it for yourself. It was a setup by Racist Hoaxer Chris Wallace! pic.twitter.com/BbxsJs2BTI
— Ali Alexander 🟧 (@ali) September 30, 2020

It made sense that Trump might be a bit flustered about the white supremacist question. He has denounced white supremacy time and time again, and he wanted to know exactly which groups Wallace and Biden would have him deny.

On Tuesday, Trump clarified his remarks.

“I don’t know who the Proud Boys are. I mean, you’re going to have to give me a definition because I really don’t know who they are. I can only say they have to stand down, let law enforcement do the work,” the president told reporters at the White House. “Again, I don’t know who Proud Boys are, but whoever they are, they have to stand down, let law enforcement do their work.”

A reporter pressed the president on his order that the Proud Boys “stand by.” Trump said, “stand by” dismissively, using his hands to shove people out of the way. It seems the president did not mean to tell the Proud Boys to “stand by” as in “stand at the ready,” but rather to say, “stand aside and let the police do their jobs.”

“Look, law enforcement will do their work,” Trump added. Right-wing militias are “going to stand down, they have to stand down, everybody, whatever group you’re talking about.”

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
My biggest take away was the Dog Faced Pony Soldier phony tough guy who wanted a push-up contest with Fat, and vowed to take Trump behind the wood shed, showed exactly what a weak and feeble fragile old man he truly is. Chris Wallace confirmed as much by shamelessly interjecting himself hoping to save Biden from displaying the dementia we all know he has.

The "Don't talk about my dead son!" hysteria by Biden was a sad example of the depths of his decline.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dear Chris Wallace: We Were In Kenosha, And No, White Supremacists And Militias Didn’t Cause Violence

“You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left-wing extremist groups,” Wallace, the debate moderator, said to Trump. “But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups, and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities, as we saw in Kenosha and as we’ve seen in Portland?”

Ignoring for a moment that Trump’s criticism of Joe Biden was absolutely warranted and that Wallace asked Trump to condemn white supremacists but did not ask Biden to condemn Black Lives Matter arsonists and looters, the question itself was specious. The violence in Kenosha was spurred by left-wing extremist groups, not white supremacists. We know — because we were there.

It Was Left-Wing Groups that Trashed Kenosha

Kenosha was up in flames, reduced to the same lawlessness that swept Minneapolis, Portland, Atlanta, and now this small Midwest town. Monday night in Kenosha, a day after law enforcement shot Jacob Blake, men and women stood with baseball bats and guns in front of their businesses and homes, trying to defend themselves against the extremist violence of the Black Lives Matter left. Since there weren’t enough police to control the situation, officers focused on defending public buildings, such as the courthouse, while leaving citizens to fend for themselves.
A woman, who said she had lived in Kenosha for more than 40 years, broke down in tears, saying her city felt like a “war zone” and she was “terrified.”

SamSpade

It Was Left-Wing Groups that Trashed Kenosha

You know, the very moment the story broke I thought nuts, some trigger happy loonie just shot a bunch of African Americans.
Nope - some kid shot at three FELONS who were chasing him - armed - as he ran towards the police line.
And they began chasing him and trying to injure or kill him because he took a fire extinguisher to the fire they started.

You know - you all know Kyle Rittenhouse's name because he shot his attackers, killing two. He lived.
I am certain almost no one knows the name of the Patriot Prayer guy shot in Portland - who had done nothing but wear a hat.
He died. So I guess I am to conclude that if someone tries to kill you, the right thing to do is - LET them?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hey Joe Biden, If Antifa Is an 'Idea,' Who Is Burning Down American Cities?

“If Antifa is only an idea then who is burning down our cities, assaulting our law enforcement officers, and causing the violence we’ve seen over the last four months?” Adam Piper, RAGA’s executive director, asked in a statement.

“Biden’s remarks don’t come as a surprise to anybody who has paid attention to the Democrats’ recent rhetoric. As lives and livelihoods are being destroyed by lawless liberal mobs across the country, Democrat attorneys general are either encouraging the violence or downplaying its existence,” Piper warned. “Voters this November must hold Democrats up and down the ballot accountable for their recklessness and incitement of this violence.”