Decade in the Red

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Almost any newspaper, website and tv station that is not controlled by the right. It really is not that complicated if you’ve read anything other than Faux news
So you'd have no trouble linking a couple to support YOUR assertion.

Filthy liar.

Sapidus

So you'd have no trouble linking a couple to support YOUR assertion.

Filthy liar.

Why so angry about the truth? Perhaps because you can’t admit you were conned?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Almost any newspaper, website and tv station that is not controlled by the right. It really is not that complicated if you’ve read anything other than Faux news
If one wants to make a broad assertion and wants to be taken seriously (i.e., that the assertion is more than just opinion or speculation), then it is incumbent upon the person making the assertion to back it up with sources.

It's not the responsibility of the reader to sleuth it out. That is, of course, if the point is to have one's posts taken seriously.

Otherwise, it's just bathroom graffiti.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Okay. Good.

The Newsweek article is silly.

But I will take a look at the FP article.

Thank you for the sources.

--- End of line (MCP)

Sapidus

Okay. Good.

The Newsweek article is silly.

Thank you for the sources.

--- End of line (MCP)

You may think it is “silly” but it is a common way to launder money and for people to bride other people by over paying for property.

How often have you sold property for double it’s worth?

Yooper

Ya, no.

Michael Hirsch is a hack. Has been since forever. Want confirmation of a distinct bias/political ax to grind? Take a look at his Twitter feed. Moved from Newsweek (a joke) to Foreign Policy (now also a joke).

You accuse Fox News of being Faux News. Yet these sources you cited are just two corners of the same giant echo chamber.

Foreign Policy used to be a great magazine way back. Hadn't seen it for some time so hadn't realized it went the same way as Newsweek (as in down the toilet).

Still interested, though. Any other sources?

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

You may think it is “silly” but it is a common way to launder money and for people to bride other people by over paying for property.
Hmm, I seem to recall that's exactly what some folks recently did in the college admissions scandal. So yes, a way of laundering money. Is this also one of your assertions? That Trump is not only in the Russkies' pocket, he's also laundering money through them/for them?

How often have you sold property for double it’s worth?
Not me personally. But to my everlasting anger the person who bought my house in Virginia a few years back (where/when I had to sell due to military PCS and at a bit of a loss) recently sold it for TRIPLE what he paid me (as a result of some government shenanigans that artificially depressed the market when I sold and artificially pumped it up when he sold).

--- End of line (MCP)

Sapidus

Hmm, I seem to recall that's exactly what some folks recently did in the college admissions scandal. So yes, a way of laundering money. Is this also one of your assertions? That Trump is not only in the Russkies' pocket, he's also laundering money through them/for them?

Not me personally. But to my everlasting anger the person who bought my house in Virginia a few years back (where/when I had to sell due to military PCS and at a bit of a loss) recently sold it for TRIPLE what he paid me (as a result of some government shenanigans that artificially depressed the market when I sold and artificially pumped it up when he sold).

--- End of line (MCP)
What was the time line for this and were any improvements made to the property?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Looks like some killer business deals to me. 👍 Why do you hate successful people so much? Because you will never be one?

Sapidus

Sorry. You'll just have to take my word for this. Like you expect me to do.

--- End of line (MCP)

I pointed to an article that uses facts and public records. How is that asking you to take my word for anything?

Why am I even bothering to argue with you if you can’t understand the difference between a article and your anecdote ?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yooper, with all due respect, you are too new to the forums to understand the nature of the sap. Unlike the trans, a booger that is easily flicked out of the car window, sap is the gooey one that refuses to let go, even after repeated and ever more aggressive flicks.

It's a very noble, but also quite foolish act, to try to get this one to understand how totally wrong it is on 99% of it's fairy tales reflected in it's posts.

Chris0nllyn

So we still don't actually have any clue what kind of wealth he has or their sources. Is he a bad business man because he squandered a fortune on bad business decisions in the past, or a good businessman because he built his wealth back up after those setbacks? Does he only do well in real estate and TV, or have any of his other ventures worked out?

What it does tell us is that he, at least in the 80s and 90s, made horrible business decisions.

He lost $1.17 billion over 10 years.
He lost money for 10 years while he wrote "The Art of the Deal".
He lied about the loan from his father.
It took 10 years for Mar-A-Lago to become profitable.
He bought a football team in a league that didn't last 1 year.
He bought a shuttle service from an airline that no longer exists. It never made a profit.
The Trump Taj Mahal was $800 million in debt.
He would buy company shares, then announce his planned takeover of the company. He did that with American Airlines and the market dropped. Causing him to lose almost $35 million.
His yacht, his airline, etc. all got taken.

Of course, that doesn't include Trump Steaks, Trump University, Trump Water, Trump board game, Trump magazine, Trump mortgage company, Trump travel, Trump Tower in Tampa, Trump vodka, etc.

Maybe he is a great businessman and you need to fail a few times before coming back. Or maybe he's a shiesty businessman who cares more about his perceived wealth (he does constantly talk about how rich he is) than anything else. I imagine that depends more on your personal feelings for the guy.

You're right though. That doesn't tell us anything about his current wealth. On a related note, California just passed a law that says that any Presidential candidate wanting to be on the ballot must produce their recent tax info. Not sure the constitutionality of that law but if it gets upheld (I doubt it, and don't think it should be) then maybe we'll all know sooner than later.