Decent care at St Mary's ER last night.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One of the main disadvantages of wearing those masks and quarantining so much last year, I think, is that people are catching these bugs this year that are REALLY knocking them on their butts.

:yay:

Seems my daughter picked up her viral infection, sitting in the small cramped waiting room at Safeway ... waiting to get her covid shot ...

so much for masks

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You are a trooper. Why did you go back so soon? Get some rest. And let Miss Phoenix take care of you for a change.😽
Fortunately, am scheduled off today and tomorrow. Miss Phoenix did decide to sleep on the bed last night from a little after 11 PM to about 1 AM. That little bit is a bed hog. I had to lay across the head of the bed.

After a kidney call about 4:30 AM, decided to try Melatonin and an OTC sleep aid again, they worked for once. I got a sold 6 hours of sleep.

PeoplesElbow

I went into Lowes for my 4 to 8 PM shift, did not get the break I am supposed to under my ADA accommodation (usually at 6:15) due to (surprise, surprise) short staffing.

By 6:45 my knees were beginning to buckle. The Head Cashiers saw something was wrong and got me to the chair in the front manager's office.
The senior HC called for an ASM and insisted I be let go to home.
She got my stuff out of my locker, called the Mrs. and our next door neighbor (a fellow Norwich Alum) came and picked me up.
They had me stay on the clock until he was there to get me. I only lost 20 minutes.

While we were driving back to my house, he said his boss had a similar crud.

After a couple hours rest, upstairs watching Miss Phoenix in full blown crazy kitten mode, felt good enough to eat scrambled eggs and apple juice to drink.

Goes to show I do not bounce back as quick I think I can. :rolleyes:

Am definitely feeling better than when I left the store.
Time for beddy bye.
:nono:
Get your rest

BernieP

Resident PIA
Hope you feel better soon - keep us posted on your progress.

People gripe at SMH but I've always had a good experience with them.
I would say you were lucky. When was the last time you were there?
I have had three physicians file complaints with the hospital for the way the ER handled the case / missed clear diagnosis.
The third case was tests that were ordered and never run, result an extra day stay before the physician could clear me.
That's just me and I am not a frequent flyer.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I would say you were lucky. When was the last time you were there?
I have had three physicians file complaints with the hospital for the way the ER handled the case / missed clear diagnosis.
The third case was tests that were ordered and never run, result an extra day stay before the physician could clear me.
That's just me and I am not a frequent flyer.
Last time I was there was June 2017 when I had a relapse of jaundice, sudden and bad. They again sent me up the road to the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore for an ERCP to place stents in the bile duct after a CT showed lived stones blocking the remnant of my bile duct. In the aftermath of the pancreatic cancer surgery I had in June 2015, looked like scar tissue had shrunk what was left of the bile duct so that the stones I developed in the liver was blocking the bile flow. Stents opened the flow and where big enough to stretch the scar tissue back to a more normal size duct. Back to Baltimore 6 weeks later to have them removed. (knock on wood) No trouble since.

Gallbladder was one of the bits I lost during the cancer surgery.

Louise

Last time I was there was June 2017 when I had a relapse of jaundice, sudden and bad. They again sent me up the road to the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore for an ERCP to place stents in the bile duct after a CT showed lived stones blocking the remnant of my bile duct. In the aftermath of the pancreatic cancer surgery I had in June 2015, looked like scar tissue had shrunk what was left of the bile duct so that the stones I developed in the liver was blocking the bile flow. Stents opened the flow and where big enough to stretch the scar tissue back to a more normal size duct. Back to Baltimore 6 weeks later to have them removed. (knock on wood) No trouble since.

:huggy:

Louise

Folks have asked my why I am so open with my health troubles.
My parents taught me that troubles I have in my life, explained to others, may help them avoid the same pitfalls.

Info shared helps others. I am so glad you are on the mend. You have been through enough with the cancer. Another huggy. :huggy: : If your kitties could post on the forum, they would post this. 😻

BernieP

Resident PIA

Only took them 4 visits to send me to Medstar Washington Center.
I think they were just tired of seeing a repeat.