Decent places to stay on Ocean City boardwalk?

MargeInCharge

Any recommendations for a decent place to stay along the boardwalk in Ocean City? I haven't stayed in OC since I was a teenager back in the (a...hem) early 80's :lmao: We're going the weekend of Sept 13-14th. Thanks for any advice!

verucasalt

I like the Commander! It's big and clean!!!! the pool is nice! it's on 14th st on the boardwalk. They havea website, jusy google Commander Ocean City.

frogman123

Me and my fiance are going to be there too for her 21st birthday-- aside from the big chain hotels, are there any cheaper, but nice, hotels? I would rather make reservations than go there trying to find a place but I dont think the smaller hotels have websites... any ideas?

jaclyn

Not a Lurker anymore!
Any recommendations for a decent place to stay along the boardwalk in Ocean City? I haven't stayed in OC since I was a teenager back in the (a...hem) early 80's :lmao: We're going the weekend of Sept 13-14th. Thanks for any advice!

Aahhh....Bike Week. We will be there. We are staying at the Haven Hotel on 1st/Boardwalk.

jaclyn

Not a Lurker anymore!
Me and my fiance are going to be there too for her 21st birthday-- aside from the big chain hotels, are there any cheaper, but nice, hotels? I would rather make reservations than go there trying to find a place but I dont think the smaller hotels have websites... any ideas?

I've stayed in the Parrot Lagoon on 9th street before. Stayed better places, but have stayed worse too. Pretty afordable, average is about $90 a night. Parrotlagoon.com

sccrmommy

I always stay at the Atlantic. It's on Wicomico, right on Boardwalk. It's older, but clean, cheap, and always friendly people there. There is also no minimum stay!!

Gwydion

Dunes Manor. Its one block ocean side from the end of the boardwalk so you don't have as many people on the beach, and yet close enough to the boardwalk yuo can wake up, go for a bike ride and get Dough Rollers for breakfast.

And it has an indoor Ice Skating Rink, which is fun for rainy days.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I went last year and wasn't impressed(I'm not a drinker)....I was the designated "babysitter" for 3 drunks :ohwell:

Ya I know what ya mean, we've gone the last 4 years and it's not grand. We go with the same couple every year and non of us are big drinkers so we kinda do our own thing just on motorcycles.