Deep Tissue Massage or Swedish Massage

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Yes, I wanna hear too. I think Kwillia said they're great. What exactly are they?

nicole_M

I got a deep tissue massage a year ago for a birthday gift and it hurt like hell. I went back for the Swedish and that was wonderful, it didn't hurt at all....I could have laid there for 4 hours :lol:

Edit: I did not have it done locally.

Pandora

Anyone have one locally, recently? And where did you go?

TIA

Deep tissue with hot stones at 2 different places, but I actually prefer the place over in Smallwood Village in St. Charles. My girlfriend and I went over to the Galleria (the place in the newer section of St. Charles) and she hit a spot that was painful for nearly 2 weeks afterwards. (that I don't think should have happen) The woman I had hit a spot that was extremely painful for me too, but once it was released, it felt much better. I think it really depends how tense you really are as to the pain you might feel.

If you are ever interesting in going up to the place is Smallwood Village, I'll drive and go too. :cheers:

I can check with some of the girls where I work, they have a lady they scheduled with monthly (imagine that - monthly :lol: how nice!) and they really like her a lot.

Edit: This is the one located in Smallwood Village
Classic Image Salon and Day Spa - Salon and Spa - Waldorf, MD

Last edited:

punjabigyrl

definately deep tissue. I get it every other month. Michelle Lea and associates 301-475-2200. Ask for Kim Cruz or Tracy Donnelly.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Deep tissue with hot stones at 2 different places, but I actually prefer the place over in Smallwood Village in St. Charles. My girlfriend and I went over to the Galleria (the place in the newer section of St. Charles) and she hit a spot that was painful for nearly 2 weeks afterwards. (that I don't think should have happen) The woman I had hit a spot that was extremely painful for me too, but once it was released, it felt much better. I think it really depends how tense you really are as to the pain you might feel.

If you are ever interesting in going up to the place is Smallwood Village, I'll drive and go too. :cheers:

I can check with some of the girls where I work, they have a lady they scheduled with monthly (imagine that - monthly :lol: how nice!) and they really like her a lot.
Pandora, I too am very interested please let me in:love: I have a lot of pains due to my heavy work and maybe this will help.

Pandora

Pandora, I too am very interested please let me in:love: I have a lot of pains due to my heavy work and maybe this will help.

You know, we just need to do it! This month is out for me, but I can take a day off in March, during the week, no sweat! :cheers:

I like going to Waldorf, having a massage and then going over to Olive Garden for lunch. :lol: The Sangria :yum: (last time I went there - the waitress put my left over Sangria in a to-go cup :killingme - I don't think that they are supposed to allow that)

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
You know, we just need to do it! This month is out for me, but I can take a day off in March, during the week, no sweat! :cheers:

I like going to Waldorf, having a massage and then going over to Olive Garden for lunch. :lol: The Sangria :yum: (last time I went there - the waitress put my left over Sangria in a to-go cup :killingme - I don't think that they are supposed to allow that)

Do you think it would help somebody who has Fibromyalgia in their muscles? Is it good for muscles?

signora

Anyone have one locally, recently? And where did you go?

TIA

I have not had them done locally, but I usually get the Deep Tissue Massage w/heat because it really loosens up muscle tension whereas the Swedish Massage is not as an intense massage. You can be sore after the Deep Tissue, but I think a lot of the times it depends on the massage therapist. They usually will tell you to drink a lot of water afterwards to prevent you from being sore.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Thanks for the replies thus far. Keep 'em coming! I'll look into what you've given and will check back for more. Thanks!

Pandora

Do you think it would help somebody who has Fibromyalgia in their muscles? Is it good for muscles?

I think they have a massage geared specifically towards that but I would call and double check and see what they say.

I felt great after a massage, but it was the days that followed that I really noticed the difference.

punjabigyrl

for people with fibromyalgia it a different expereince. i have friends that can't stand a massage and other that feel they cant live without. Its an individual thing. I highly reccomend Michelle lea and let the person doing your massage know what you want etc before the massage. During the massage, let them know it you need more pressure, less pressure, etc.

Pandora

for people with fibromyalgia it a different expereince. i have friends that can't stand a massage and other that feel they cant live without. Its an individual thing. I highly reccomend Michelle lea and let the person doing your massage know what you want etc before the massage. During the massage, let them know it you need more pressure, less pressure, etc.

I think that is who the girls at work use. They go on a Saturday morning, 1 time per month. I'll double check Thursday, since I don't plan on seeing any office people tomorrow.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

Thank you for the information, Punjabigyrl and thank you too, Pandora. I'll wait to see what you find out before I do anything. I learned the hard way if somebody does not know how to deal with Fibromyalgia they can put a serious hurting on you! Thanks again.:howdy: