deer hunting -proper disposal of carcus?

thatguy

I drag them into the woods behind the house for the scavengers to dispose of.

that is probabloy exactly what has her complaining.
If its on your own property that is probably fine, but all too often people drop that kind of stuff off jsut over their own property line. the non-hunting neighbor (and even some hunting ones) then have a problem with it.

that is probabloy exactly what has her complaining.
If its on your own property that is probably fine, but all too often people drop that kind of stuff off jsut over their own property line. the non-hunting neighbor (and even some hunting ones) then have a problem with it.
Never had any complaints as I don't drop them on anybody else's property. The buzzards disopose of the meat before the smell sets in during the winter. Nothing left but bones and a little hair after 2-3 days.

DQ2B

Anybody know what the current acceptable means of carcus disposal is?

:tap:

Apparently, some think that proper disposal is to leave them along the side of my and my neighbors property:tantrum We get a few every year and I just love :sarcasm: riding the horses by them.

zigg72md

Ok I am confused. Setting aside the whole its not deer season thing. When I hunted the point was to bring the deer home and eat it. To hunt and just let it rot in the woods I personally think is wrong but thats just me. So to answer what I think you are trying to ask. Drag the deer to a local butcher that will prep it for charitable donation. Or find someone who will. If you are referring to roadkill or a deer that is obviously not edible. Then leave it on the side of the road or drag it there and call the maryland dept of natural resouces police. Who I am pretty sure are responsible for the disposal of road kill.

Wildlife Problems? - Wildlife & Heritage Service

ylexot

Super Genius
Ok I am confused. Setting aside the whole its not deer season thing. When I hunted the point was to bring the deer home and eat it. To hunt and just let it rot in the woods I personally think is wrong but thats just me. So to answer what I think you are trying to ask. Drag the deer to a local butcher that will prep it for charitable donation. Or find someone who will. If you are referring to roadkill or a deer that is obviously not edible. Then leave it on the side of the road or drag it there and call the maryland dept of natural resouces police. Who I am pretty sure are responsible for the disposal of road kill.

You eat the entire thing? Bones, guts, and all?

Apparently, some think that proper disposal is to leave them along the side of my and my neighbors property:tantrum We get a few every year and I just love :sarcasm: riding the horses by them.
It is rather gross that they dump them at the bottom of the hill by your house. They go so well with the tires, mattresses and appliances that also get dumped there. Some people need to be beat.

DQ2B

It is rather gross that they dump them at the bottom of the hill by your house. They go so well with the tires, mattresses and appliances that also get dumped there. Some people need to be beat.

Yea, may the good lord save them should I ever catch them in the act...

JoeMac

The OP is referring to dumping what's left after butchering. You can either dump it in the woods if it's your property or you could also bury it, which would be impractical for most people. I am not sure of the policy of bagging it up and throwing it in a dumpster. You might be able to talk to a butcher about discarding it with his trash, they might charge a small fee though. My butcher dumps them on his own property so I don't have to worry.

The SHA is responsible for the removal of roadkill.