DEFUNCT Fast Food Restaurants from the past - Life in America

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The ones I remember are Sambo’s and Chi Chi's. Sambo’s had unlimited pancakes and the best bacon.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I think that Arthur Treacher's was the last one in the mid-Atlantic. Used to love going to AT's back home. First time I ever had malt vinegar.
I remember they used to give a scoop of the the little crispy batter drops with the fish.

NextJen

Raisin cane
:bleck: Ate there once. Never again. Had the trots for 2 days.
MANY years ago I worked in Penn Mar shopping center at the Scott’s Home and Garden store. There was a worker at the Long John Silvers across the parking lot that would come in occasionally to get replacement light bulbs. All the cashiers would try to close up their registers and go to break so they didn’t have to wait on him because he reeked so badly of old cooking grease. My stomach is turning just remembering it. 🤮

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Good thing you can still get those at Long John Silvers.
It’s probably been 25 years since I’ve been to either Long John Silver or Arthur Treachers. The only memory I’ve got of LJS is the little packets of tartar sauce, I loved those on the cheapo fish sticks.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And here I thought Jack in the Box was a West Coast only thing.
The Jack in the Box in Reisterstown was one of the places that was a regular meet-up location to set up street drags. The McD's in Laurel was another one. Mid 70s...

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
MANY years ago I worked in Penn Mar shopping center at the Scott’s Home and Garden store. There was a worker at the Long John Silvers across the parking lot that would come in occasionally to get replacement light bulbs. All the cashiers would try to close up their registers and go to break so they didn’t have to wait on him because he reeked so badly of old cooking grease. My stomach is turning just remembering it. 🤮
T'aint far to Penn Mar!