Democratic Decorum in Congress

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

đŸ”„đŸ”„ Echoing the joke of a trial in a Manhattan courtroom, yesterday in D.C. this happened in the United States Congress. I don’t really know how to react; maybe laugh and cry at the same time. The Hill ran the widely-reported story under its headline, “Chaos erupts in hearing as Greene, Ocasio-Cortez clash over ‘fake eyelashes’ jibe at Crockett.”

image 2.png

CLIP: titillating but mortifying MTG vs AOC verbal dustup (0:55).

They temporarily suspended the session to calm things down. The Congressmen were there to hold Attorney General Merrick Garland in contempt, for refusing to provide documents requested by committees. They ultimately did find Garland in contempt, but only along party lines, which might be what convinced Congresswoman Greene the hearing was a joke.

After Greene offered some remark about Judge Merchan’s daughter’s political connections and the judge’s obvious conflict, first-termer Jasmine Crockett (D-Tx) demanded, “please tell me what that has to do with Merrick Garland?” When Greene ignored her, Jasmine pressed the point, sarcastically sniping, “do you even know what we’re here for?”

“I don’t think you know what you’re here for,” Greene spicily responded. “I think your fake eyelashes are messing up what you’re reading.” According to the Hill, Greene’s eyelash exegesis instantly provoked outraged mayhem amongst the democrats on the committee, with Representative Cortez leading the charge.

“That is absolutely unacceptable!” Cortez shouted. “How dare you attack the physical appearance of another person... move her words down,” the hot hispanic demanded.

"Are your feelings hurt?" Greene innocently drawled in her Georgia accent.

"Oh girl, baby girl!" Ocasio-Cortez shot back. "Don’t even play!" Which I believe was an ethnic turn of phrase of some kind. Or it’s something kids say. I don’t know, I can’t do the dialect.

image 3.png

The Hill hosted a slightly longer video version that was even more mortifying, or entertaining, depending on the degree of humor with which you view the controlled demolition of Western civilization. The generous view is that the catfight reflects the general high emotions and the political discord between the parties in Congress and the Nation.

Or like I said, it was solar flare-induced hysteria.

Ghetto assed bitch should be kicked off the committee for failing TO OBEY THE RULES

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Ghetto Congresswoman CRIES Racism Over MAGA America Calling Her Ghetto For Acting Ghetto In Congress​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

AOC & Liberal Women MELTDOWN Over John Fetterman Condemning Ghetto Behavior From Black Congresswoman​

SamSpade

Yeah, saw that - and her T-shirts with "bleach blonde, bad built, butch body" - and her name spelled wrong.

I'd take her up on the intelligence thing - put her up in a debate against MTG. I find MTG a bit over the edge, but this woman Crockett is sorely embarrassing. At the very least, she needs to apologize to her constituents.

SamSpade

dunning kruger

ghetto congress critter does not know how ignorant she is

I must be lucky.

Almost my entire life, I've been the smart kid, the kid who scored perfect on standardized tests, school after school (until college of course).
But I read a lot, and I was ALWAYS willing to believe I was wrong. Once in school, a teacher called me on something, and I answered "I don't know" - to a gasp of kids, one of whom turned to me and said "I would NEVER say I don't know" to which I answered "then how can you learn?".

KNOWING you don't know something is the ONLY way you can learn.