Democratic mayor hands out $10,800 for economic equity program that funds lavish 5-day trip to Miami

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
'I wanted to blow it. I wanted to have fun,' one recipient said

Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser distributed thousands of dollars to low-income moms with no strings attached as part of an "equitable economic recovery strategy" to offset the costs of childcare. In at least one case, the taxpayer dollars were used to fund a lavish trip to Miami.

The direct cash payments were part of a pilot program to determine whether the flush of cash could demonstrate "economic improvements among participants." "Additional cash has allowed women to achieve further financial stability, financial security, food security, and health insurance coverage," Bowser's office had claimed.

But an economic policy expert told Fox News Digital the policies were a misdirection of funds that should otherwise be used for public safety and education.

Wow. Who could have ever predicted that the money would be spent foolishly? :shocked:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm convinced Democrats are trying to kill off black people, which would align with their historical hatred of blacks.

The answer to crime in the 'hood? Defund the police!

The answer to drug addiction? Free needles!

The answer to failing education systems? More money for "studies"!

The answer to black children afraid to go to class because of the thugs? Don't punish the thugs or kick them out of school!

And yet black people keep voting for them.....fascinating...

BOP

I'm convinced Democrats are trying to kill off black people, which would align with their historical hatred of blacks.

The answer to black children afraid to go to class because of the thugs? Don't punish the thugs or kick them out of school!

You forgot funding for aborting black babies.

Hijinx

Wait a minute, sumpin' aint right here.

This is the headline:

Democratic mayor hands out $10,800 for economic equity program that funds lavish 5-day trip to Miami.​

Now if it is 10,800 that means 10 ladies got $1,000 dollars apiece and no one got $6,000 dollars to go to Miami. It has to mean each person got $10,800 dollars. What was the total cost of the program and who got to pick who got the moolah.

Anyone who would write a check for $10,800 dollars all at once to a welfare mother would have to be insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

BOP

Wait a minute, sumpin' aint right here.

This is the headline:

Democratic mayor hands out $10,800 for economic equity program that funds lavish 5-day trip to Miami.​

Now if it is 10,800 that means 10 ladies got $1,000 dollars apiece and no one got $6,000 dollars to go to Miami. It has to mean each person got $10,800 dollars. What was the total cost of the program and who got to pick who got the moolah.

Anyone who would write a check for $10,800 dollars all at once to a welfare mother would have to be insane.
I'll always remember that "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" dude saying (paraphrased): the difference between the rich and the poor is mindset. If you give a poor person a lot of money, they'll spend it and still be poor. If you give the same amount of money to a rich person, they'll invest it and usually wind up with even more money than they started with."

Again, paraphrased, but you get the idea. It explains why so many lottery winners wind up broke; sometimes more so than before they won the lottery.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll always remember that "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" dude saying (paraphrased): the difference between the rich and the poor is mindset. If you give a poor person a lot of money, they'll spend it and still be poor. If you give the same amount of money to a rich person, they'll invest it and usually wind up with even more money than they started with."

Again, paraphrased, but you get the idea. It explains why so many lottery winners wind up broke; sometimes more so than before they won the lottery.

My friend used to say that if all the rich people gave the poor people all their money, in 5 years the rich people would have all their money back plus more, and the poor people would be even worse off than before.

It all boils down to choices. And people who consistently make poor choices mostly do nothing but complain about those who make good choices and succeed. You give the "oh it must be nice" people a million dollars, a year later they'll either be poor again or dead because they don't know how to make good choices.

"Some of it I just left alone. The other side is, I wanted to blow it. I wanted to have fun," Miller said. "[My kids] got to experience something I would never have been able to do if I didn’t have that money."

Miller blew it on a "five-day, $6,000 trip to Miami," which included "a boat tour [that] exposed them to million-dollar homes and luxury yachts."

"In what she called a rare moment of self-indulgence, Miller spent $180 ahead of the vacation to get her own hair and nails done," The Post reported. She also took her kids shopping and got them new outfits and toys for the trip.

WingsOfGold

The average ghetto rat isn't very smart.