Democrats Push for More Alternative Fuels in the Military

ylexot

Super Genius
Actually, I support the move :shrug:

Most technical advances come about due to the military or the space program. If the military pushes to use alternative fuels, the technological advances will then make their way to the private sector.

ylexot

Super Genius
Here's a thought...when a nuke ship is decomissioned (not sure if any are slated for decomissioning any time soon), move the reactor to a military base and use it for the base's electricity needs!

ylexot said:
Here's a thought...when a nuke ship is decomissioned (not sure if any are slated for decomissioning any time soon), move the reactor to a military base and use it for the base's electricity needs!
Yeah, riiiiiiight. Like the NIMBY's would let that happen.

I for one am in full support of nuke power. I think there needs to be a MAJOR building program for them. Minimum of 1 in every state, owned by the Govt., with the electricity being sold in a co-op manner, with the income from the sales being used to pay back the building/operating costs. Kinda like toll roads.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
ylexot said:
JFK has been or is being cleared for decommissioning.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Hummer is developing a hydrogen fuel cell H1 and they have a hydrogen gas fueled H2 called the H2H.