Deployed To Iraq

Have you or a family member of yours been deployed to Iraq?

• Total voters

awpitt

Main Streeter
With all of the debate and discussion about <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Iraq</st1:place></st1:country-region>, I thought it would be interesting to see who in SOMD forum land have been deployed, or have had family members deployed, to <st1:country-region><st1:place>Iraq</st1:place></st1:country-region>. If you answer “yes”, you can list them in this thread if you want to.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Not a family member...my boss is in Basra. He's an attorney but he enlised in the Navy a few days after 9/11. He's been in Iraq since the end of December.

awpitt

Main Streeter
awpitt said:
With all of the debate and discussion about <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Iraq</st1:place></st1:country-region>, I thought it would be interesting to see who in SOMD forum land have been deployed, or have had family members deployed, to <st1:country-region><st1:place>Iraq</st1:place></st1:country-region>. If you answer “yes”, you can list them in this thread if you want to.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Nephew (Army)
Cousin (Army) deployed twice
Wife’s sister is getting ready to go (Air Force)

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
My husband's cousin (Marines) was deployed in the initial invasion into Iraq back at the start of the war. He's been back a while now.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
My cousin (more like a brother) has been to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once. He'll be going back to Iraq this summer. He missed the birth of his first child, and will miss the birth of the second.

My cousin was deployed in the initial invasion into Iraq back at the start of the war. He's been back a while now.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Oldest mutt(Air Force) is in Kyrgyzstan which is the last air base that the soldiers go to before they go to Iraq....He will be back the first or second week of next month

_MightyMouse_

_USMCScoutSwimmer_
Fortunately, my EAS prevented the great USMC from "stop-lossing" me right after 9/11. My EAS was 12/01, therefore, I made the cut and didn't have to stay in. Since then, my former unit, 2nd Battalion/3rd Marines, has been to both Afghanistan and Iraq. I will always be true to the Corps coming from a former Sergeant of Marines - Semper Fi.

CMC122

Go Braves!
_MightyMouse_ said:
Fortunately, my EAS prevented the great USMC from "stop-lossing" me right after 9/11. My EAS was 12/01, therefore, I made the cut and didn't have to stay in. Since then, my former unit, 2nd Battalion/3rd Marines, has been to both Afghanistan and Iraq. I will always be true to the Corps coming from a former Sergeant of Marines - Semper Fi.
Where were you stationed here? I think my Sis and BIL were 2nd Battalion.

My family is all Marines.

My sister and BIL have been over twice, my uncle has been over once and my friend that I've known since kindergarden has been over there as much as he can sign up for but he's DOD.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
A cousin's son (is that my 2nd cousin or a cousin-once-removed?):

Sgt. Justin ______
Hometown: Rainier, Washington, U.S.

Died: June 24, 2006 in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Unit: Army, 1st Battalion, 10th Calvary Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Hood, Tex.

Incident: Killed when they encountered enemy forces small arms fire, and a makeshift bomb exploded during a dismounted patrol in Baghdad.

Geek

BadGirl said:

Sgt. Justin ______

Unit: Army, 1st Battalion, 10th Calvary Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Hood, Tex.

Incident: Killed when they encountered enemy forces small arms fire, and a makeshift bomb exploded during a dismounted patrol in Baghdad.

:patriot: Thanks for sharing your story about this American Hero :flowers:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BadGirl said:

Sgt. Justin ______

I'm sorry to hear that.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
My husband's cousin did two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.
My brother, a USAF officer, is due to go over to Afghanistan in the very near future.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
My cousin and my best friend (whom I consider like a brother) were deployed there last year in the Army. I was deployed there in 2003 for the initial invation (Navy stayed out at sea). Another friend of mine (not as close) went with the Army in 2003 then again as a Haliburton contractor in 2005. I have another close friend deployed in Afganistan right now. An Uncle did 2 tours to Iraq with Army Special Forces and one to Afganistan.

G

Gemmi

My son is in the Marines and currently deployed to Iraq. He should be coming home some time in May. He's been there since October.