Descisions, Descisions

acommondisaster

Back to the original question.

I was standing in line at the airport in Orlando a few years back, waiting to go through security, on our way back to DC. I took out my drivers license, in preparation for going through screening and glanced down. My birthday's in August - this was March. Yeah. it was THAT expired. Thankfully I had my retired military ID....but TSA never noticed the license was expired. So I go to MVA the next day and the woman's eyes kind of bug out and she laughs and says "cutting it pretty close to the year, aren't you?". So apparently, I would have had to retake the driving test if it had been a year, but instead, it was business as usual. No fine, no nothing.

So I think you're safe if you wait a few days. But just in case, don't speed. :buddies:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Back to the original question.

I was standing in line at the airport in Orlando a few years back, waiting to go through security, on our way back to DC. I took out my drivers license, in preparation for going through screening and glanced down. My birthday's in August - this was March. Yeah. it was THAT expired. Thankfully I had my retired military ID....but TSA never noticed the license was expired. So I go to MVA the next day and the woman's eyes kind of bug out and she laughs and says "cutting it pretty close to the year, aren't you?". So apparently, I would have had to retake the driving test if it had been a year, but instead, it was business as usual. No fine, no nothing.

So I think you're safe if you wait a few days. But just in case, don't speed. :buddies:
That's correct. One year from expiration before having to start from scratch. It's on the MVA website somewhere.

pelers

Something really neat I found out at my last renewal: If you do take an awesome picture, you can just renew it online and they'll reuse the pic.

Somehow or other my last picture looked really good. I have no clue how since I was pissed off because somebody stole my wallet and I was about two weeks from popping with the firstborn.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Something really neat I found out at my last renewal: If you do take an awesome picture, you can just renew it online and they'll reuse the pic.

Somehow or other my last picture looked really good. I have no clue how since I was pissed off because somebody stole my wallet and I was about two weeks from popping with the firstborn.

Yeah I got that option mailed to me a few months back. I think its something they do once you have had your license for over 20 years. You still have to have your vision checked and certified by your optometrist. I opted to wait it out and am rollin rogue. :yahoo:

pelers

Yeah I got that option mailed to me a few months back. I think its something they do once you have had your license for over 20 years. You still have to have your vision checked and certified by your optometrist. I opted to wait it out and am rollin rogue. :yahoo:

:frown: No. No, it's not. :huggy: