Developing Kodak story...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just now read this thread. Twice.

After the double exposure I have to say I found it negative at best.

I'm really amazed at the small-minded aperture you folks have. You all need to lighten up your image of Kodak, focus on the subject and increase your depth of field.

And on a related note.... my bro works for Kodak as an international sales rep for the digital division. Right now it's business as usual, but he is setting up interviews with other companies.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Kodak lost focus on the market, and were underexposed in the digital photography realm..

Their focal point remained on film and print, when they should have had a more macro aspect on their business.

They should have zoomed in on digital photography years ago, instead of stepping up just their printing, and taking a fish-eye view of where they were going.

Their white balance sheet was way off.. and their contrast in the market place wasn't as sharp as it needed to be.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Kodak lost focus on the market, and were underexposed in the digital photography realm..

Their focal point remained on film and print, when they should have had a more macro aspect on their business.

They should have zoomed in on digital photography years ago, instead of stepping up just their printing, and taking a fish-eye view of where they were going.

Their white balance sheet was way off.. and their contrast in the market place wasn't as sharp as it needed to be.

Worked on composing that all morning, din'tja Bob. :coffee:

:killingme

SoMDGirl42

In my best Larry the Cable Guy voice

Shut 'er down

dgates80

Land of the lost
No way.
The Kodak company was not just a photography company, they were a chemistry company at heart. Their emulsion technologies were the basis for a whole indistry for many years. Even today, it is not possible to achieve the resoloution that a silver iodide crystal allows one to get.

They indeed lost focus and didn't crop out the market distractions like they needed to, thinking that they needed to shift to digital imaging. They should have stuck to what they were really really good at -- chemistry. The lost opportunity to bring new and better ingredient products to the market was lost, they had gotten used to the idea that they were a "name brand", but they did not HAVE to be. Much like BASF, "we dont make the things, we make the things that make the products better" -- a brilliant marketing campaign -- Kodak needed to re-imagine themselves, a dodge that just didn't get out of the darkroom.