Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia!

jaie

So happy!
BrassieChic said:
]

Oh YEAH!
I have had stomach problems for a while now and had a rack of test done for just that. They never did find anything really wrong with it. They said I was anemic (sp) and that is what caused my stomach problems. My problems are not as bad as they used to be but still there. I am hot all the time and have a hard time with sleeping at night. I have a lot of pains here and there but i never really put them with what was going on with my stomach (I played a lot of sports when I was young).

BRITUSA

BRITUSA
jaie said:
I have had stomach problems for a while now and had a rack of test done for just that. They never did find anything really wrong with it. They said I was anemic (sp) and that is what caused my stomach problems. My problems are not as bad as they used to be but still there. I am hot all the time and have a hard time with sleeping at night. I have a lot of pains here and there but i never really put them with what was going on with my stomach (I played a lot of sports when I was young).

Have you been tested for Celiac Disease?

BrassieChic

Symptoms
Celiac Disease may appear at any time in a person's life. The disease can be triggered for the first time after surgery, viral infection, severe emotional stress, pregnancy or childbirth. CD is a multi-system, multi-symptom disorder. Symptoms are extremely varied and can often mimic other bowel disorders. Infants, toddlers, and children often exhibit growth failure, vomiting, bloated abdomen and behavioral changes.

Classic symptoms may include:
abdominal cramping, intestinal gas, distention and bloating
chronic diarrhea or constipation (or both)
steatorrhea -- fatty stools
anemia - unexplained, due to folate, B12, B6, or iron deficiency (or all)
weight loss with large appetite, or weight gain

BrassieChic

jaie said:

One of CD's symptoms is Anemia....Fibromyalgia doesn't include this but one sign is nausea. Might wannt to have that check out Jaie. :howdy:

mrweb

Iron City
BrassieChic said:
Seems like they tested for everything under the sun! Yes Lupus, Addisons, Thyroid and so many other! :jameo:

A friend of mine was diagnosed with the same thing. Went to a different doctor for a second opinion and found she had lyme disease instead.

BRITUSA

BRITUSA
BrassieChic said:
Symptoms
Celiac Disease may appear at any time in a person's life. The disease can be triggered for the first time after surgery, viral infection, severe emotional stress, pregnancy or childbirth. CD is a multi-system, multi-symptom disorder. Symptoms are extremely varied and can often mimic other bowel disorders. Infants, toddlers, and children often exhibit growth failure, vomiting, bloated abdomen and behavioral changes.

Classic symptoms may include:
abdominal cramping, intestinal gas, distention and bloating
chronic diarrhea or constipation (or both)
steatorrhea -- fatty stools
anemia - unexplained, due to folate, B12, B6, or iron deficiency (or all)
weight loss with large appetite, or weight gain

You can also have CD with NO SYMPTOMS. My daughter got diagnosed with it a few years back after having routine bloodwork for her Diabetes. Suprisingly she came pack positive for CD. The rest of us got tested and I sadly was the one that passed it on to her :( . Its a VERY hard diet to follow..... ESPECIALLY when you have NO symptoms. If anyone out there has this disease please Pm me

Vince

BrassieChic said:
One of CD's symptoms is Anemia....Fibromyalgia doesn't include this but one sign is nausea. Might wannt to have that check out Jaie. :howdy:
My daughter has Fibromyalgia. Went round and round with medications for alot of years and believe it or not finally found one that works. Have to ask her what it is, but she didn't get it from a doctor. She got it from a pharmacist. Guess they know their meds.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Lenny said:
Which reminds me, how're ya sleepin'?

Luv Dr. Lenny
Pretty well. I take half a cyclobenzaprene (?) at about 6pm and I'm dozing off by 10. And I wake up perky! :diva:

:huggy:

jaie

So happy!
Lenny said:
Which reminds me, how're ya sleepin'?

Luv Dr. Lenny
My dearst Dr Lenny (thanks for the green) what is it and what test do you get to find out if you have it?

misslady67

BrassieChic said:
My doctor who is just an ordinary MD just diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia! I don't want to sound like I'm in denial but I've since done reseach on this and I do have almost every sign & symptom but want to make sure! Does anyone here have this also? Is there another Dr. I should go to for a second opinion who maybe specializes in this disease? :jameo:

Second Opinion :flowers: Usually they do a muscle biopsy to truly confirm this diagnosis. A diagnosis on symptoms alone is not always accurate. HTH

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
misslady67 said:
Second Opinion :flowers: Usually they do a muscle biopsy to truly confirm this diagnosis. A diagnosis on symptoms alone is not always accurate. HTH

Actually, the muscle biopsy is to diagnose myositis or polyarteritis. In Fibromyalgia a biopsy will be normal.

For Jaie,
Fibromyalgia is one of those nagging, aching illnesses that frequently get characterized as "It's just in your head" or "It's one of those female diseases" that make life miserable but don't have any outward signs (like skin rashes or swollen joints) that everyone can see.

It's much too complex to discuss in a forum like this. Suffice it to say, it is a real disease with classic symptoms and findings. No blood test or biopsy can be done to tell you "Yep, that's what you've got!" It's most important to have the tests to rule out other conditions that might make you diabled or dead before attributing your aches and pains to Fibromyalgia. But it can be controlled with a lot of understanding, good physical hygiene, and understanding by family, friends, employers, and healthcare providers.

NEXT!

Dr. Lenny

jaie

So happy!
Lenny said:
Actually, the muscle biopsy is to diagnose myositis or polyarteritis. In Fibromyalgia a biopsy will be normal.

For Jaie,
Fibromyalgia is one of those nagging, aching illnesses that frequently get characterized as "It's just in your head" or "It's one of those female diseases" that make life miserable but don't have any outward signs (like skin rashes or swollen joints) that everyone can see.

It's much too complex to discuss in a forum like this. Suffice it to say, it is a real disease with classic symptoms and findings. No blood test or biopsy can be done to tell you "Yep, that's what you've got!" It's most important to have the tests to rule out other conditions that might make you diabled or dead before attributing your aches and pains to Fibromyalgia. But it can be controlled with a lot of understanding, good physical hygiene, and understanding by family, friends, employers, and healthcare providers.

NEXT!

Dr. Lenny
:drama: Dr Lenny am I going to die?