Dial-up

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I need some input or help....I now have dial-up with TQCI and I am happy with it....It is kinda slow though...Looks like the only kind of high speed I can get in my area is Verison DSL....Does anyone have it and what do you think about it....They are telling me on the phone that I am in the area....I tried it once before and got it all hooked up and when I went to run it, I had problems....I called help and they told me that I wasn't in the required area....Please help....

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Dupontster said:
I need some input or help....I now have dial-up with TQCI and I am happy with it....It is kinda slow though...Looks like the only kind of high speed I can get in my area is Verison DSL....Does anyone have it and what do you think about it....They are telling me on the phone that I am in the area....I tried it once before and got it all hooked up and when I went to run it, I had problems....I called help and they told me that I wasn't in the required area....Please help....

you know, they've been giving the wireless router with the dsl access... maybe if you got a wireless network card... :whistle:

i have verizon and am happy since i get the 1.5 mbit service :)

duzzey1

Assuming you were living in the same location when you had dsl before, they had to have done line quality testing before granting you service. Did you try to access the internet or install the "self install" kit before your designated install date. You will not have access until that date has passed. You may also have configured something wrong. DSL from verizon is pretty good in my opinion.

Warron

The first time I had verizon dsl I liked it quite a bit. It was never down even once in the two years I had it. But I did have problems with their log in program. Once I figured out I could just use the one built in to windows, I never had another problem.

But then, when I tried to get it at my new apartment about 6 months ago, I got such a run around that I eventually just told them to take a hike.

Apparently, when I canceled it the first time, my account was not totally deleted, just deactivated. And when I applied for a new account, their computer associated it with my old account (since I have the same phone number), but it saw that account as deactivated and would not allow me to log in. And of course, the technical support people had no idea how to fix it.

Eventually they told me I would have to have the entire account (old and new) deleted and reapply for service. But that they would mark my account so it would be made a priority for new service.

So they delete my account and I call again to apply for service and they give me a new date of two weeks later as the turn on date. Two weeks pass, I hook everything up again, and it still does not work. So I call them again and they say my date was move out another two weeks (nice of them to tell me about it, wasn't it). When I ask them about the promise to expedite connecting my service they say they don't know anything about it. So it told them to just cancel the crap because I was sick of talking to them.

And to top it all off, they still sent me the stupid modem and set up kit in the mail even thought I told them I already had a modem and didn't need it. So I had to mail that back to keep from being charged for it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Dupontster said:
I have Verizon DSL, and signed up for the Freedom plan.. got all the bells and whistles with my phone service, PLUS free long distance. WITH DSL it coasts $95, my long distance alone before I signed up was over a $100.. so basically get DSL for free!

AND no problems with it here.. love it!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
itsbob said:
I have Verizon DSL, and signed up for the Freedom plan.. got all the bells and whistles with my phone service, PLUS free long distance. WITH DSL it coasts $95, my long distance alone before I signed up was over a $100.. so basically get DSL for free!

AND no problems with it here.. love it!

yeah those 900 number fees really add up don't they? :lmao:
BTW where DOES your 95 bucks coast too?