Dickie Duds

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
That search string should bring up some interesting sites! :lmao:

What the heck is it anyway? (Publically acknowledging my lack-o-knowledge)

they are a type of shirt(kinda) they have a collar that velcros in the back and then like just a flap of fabric in the front with buttons. it gives the illusion that you are wearing a full shirt but your really not just throw it on over a tank

helps keep you cool!

fredsaid2

fake showshirts? like a bib to resemble a choker show shirt or stock tie top

No way, need to suck it up and wear a long sleeve shirt. What do you do if they waive jackets? At MSA once they do you don't have the option of wearing one. Besides wouldn't the lining stick to you? Sounds like an idea on par w/ the show bow!

BlissfulJumper

No way, need to suck it up and wear a long sleeve shirt. What do you do if they waive jackets? At MSA once they do you don't have the option of wearing one. Besides wouldn't the lining stick to you? Sounds like an idea on par w/ the show bow!

Well my trainers have always told me when they excuse jackets, to keep wearing them. It shows respect to the judge. You'll never see me with my jacket off in the ring. Also, i do breed shows and hardly do they ever excuse jackets. And I don't jump so there's no reason to have to see my cuffs.

And it's very nice for people(like myself) who gets heat migraines very easily. Doctors tell me to stay out of the heat, well I wanna show so i have to work my way around the two.

And if you are smart you would bring an extra show shirt just in case, especially if it is hot and there's a possibitly of excusing jackets.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
There are some very nice lightweight shirts that are made by ovation. They wick the sweat away, and are very cool. They are made with Dri-lex.

BlissfulJumper

There are some very nice lightweight shirts that are made by ovation. They wick the sweat away, and are very cool. They are made with Dri-lex.

I think I've tried some very similar to those, but they were RJ Classic and tailored sportsman brand. Neither do the job, that's just how bad the migraines get.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I think I've tried some very similar to those, but they were RJ Classic and tailored sportsman brand. Neither do the job, that's just how bad the migraines get.

That was coolmax. This is what runner's shirts are made out of.

Did you start doing breed shows already? If so that is great! Did you do the Novice show up at Culpepper last weekend?

BlissfulJumper

That was coolmax. This is what runner's shirts are made out of.

Did you start doing breed shows already? If so that is great! Did you do the Novice show up at Culpepper last weekend?

No but I will be starting shortly. My plans have been held back do to my migraine issues. I was planning on doing culpepper but then I came down with a 3 day migraine and the parents were going out of town and they wanted to be there so I had to cancel the plans.

Hopefully I'll be doing some by fall, if not then I'm still going to go out of town and do some Hunter shows, even if I don't place because I'm AQHA. The big boy just needs the miles, and that's all I really care about.

fredsaid2

Well my trainers have always told me when they excuse jackets, to keep wearing them. It shows respect to the judge. You'll never see me with my jacket off in the ring. Also, i do breed shows and hardly do they ever excuse jackets. And I don't jump so there's no reason to have to see my cuffs.

And it's very nice for people(like myself) who gets heat migraines very easily. Doctors tell me to stay out of the heat, well I wanna show so i have to work my way around the two.

And if you are smart you would bring an extra show shirt just in case, especially if it is hot and there's a possibitly of excusing jackets.

They make it a point for everyone to go sans-jacket so no one feels like they have to wear one for the judge. When everything else is neat and tidy the respect is still there.

Look into the coolmax shirts and tropical weight wool jackets. They are a big improvement over the normal stuff. Cuffs should always be visible when you have a jacket on. It's part of the traditional look.

Last edited:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Last edited:

BlissfulJumper

OV Dri Lex Polo Shirt and Microfiber Warm Weather Casual Shirts | EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

This is the shirt that I am talking about. They have rat-catcher shirts also. You also will find that as you go up the ratings of shows that people wear the long-sleeved shirts more often. My barn goes to the A shows on a regular basis and they do the dri-lex or coolmax shirts. I will be getting light weight jackets next year for when I do the rated shows.

nice shirts. maybe i'll try those. i'm not looking for a dickie dud for an every show day shirt. I want it for those days when I have a killer migraine and need to help it out a bit. I have a lightweight and it's nice. Most people do wear long sleeves and I won't buy anything but that unless its a dickie dud type thing. I also know quite a few AQHA peeps who cheat the system with the dickie duds.