Dickie Duds

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Talk to J's mom and see if she can make you one. Otherwise ask S at the tack shop for the number since the people don't seem to have a website.

You taking Big Boy on Sunday to AMIT?

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Talk to J's mom and see if she can make you one. Otherwise ask S at the tack shop for the number since the people don't seem to have a website.

You taking Big Boy on Sunday to AMIT?

I dont see J too much but if i do i will ask. I did ask S for name and number and she was suppose to have C text it to me but that never happened. i might just get the white one they have in there or wait til I go to Congress and see if they have any other vendors up there.

Yep we're going. Last time he didn't like the horses coming up behind him because they're on their forehand so much and they are a little louder then him so we're going back to get rid of that fear. I'm doing all of the horse u/s classes except for the evergreen one.

I was hoping to take him to the fair but the rule is, if you do the flat class you have to do atleast one of the jumping so now i'm going to take a friends pony and do some pony hunters. I'm also taking B to the lynn palm clinic which should be good for us.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I dont see J too much but if i do i will ask. I did ask S for name and number and she was suppose to have C text it to me but that never happened. i might just get the white one they have in there or wait til I go to Congress and see if they have any other vendors up there.

Yep we're going. Last time he didn't like the horses coming up behind him because they're on their forehand so much and they are a little louder then him so we're going back to get rid of that fear. I'm doing all of the horse u/s classes except for the evergreen one.

I was hoping to take him to the fair but the rule is, if you do the flat class you have to do atleast one of the jumping so now i'm going to take a friends pony and do some pony hunters. I'm also taking B to the lynn palm clinic which should be good for us.

I am doing the Fair also I *THINK*. Red will have no problems with the fair. Everytime I take him to a show he does better and better. We did SMHA on Sunday and got 4th in our jumping class. Considering I have only been riding him for 2 months that isn't half bad.

Another option is go to the Capital Challenge and see if they have some. I am going to get a new show cooler up there, and will have my dad send me some Red Sox stuff to put on it.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I am doing the Fair also I *THINK*. Red will have no problems with the fair. Everytime I take him to a show he does better and better. We did SMHA on Sunday and got 4th in our jumping class. Considering I have only been riding him for 2 months that isn't half bad.

Another option is go to the Capital Challenge and see if they have some. I am going to get a new show cooler up there, and will have my dad send me some Red Sox stuff to put on it.

ya the fair is alot of fun. i really enjoy having a horse that will put up with all that mess. i got a very nice cooler from smartpak, embroidery and everything. it was my bday present seeing as it was expensive. its so nice and warm, its only for winter. im scared to put it on the horse though, right now it is on my chair in my room all folded nicely with his name showing.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
ya the fair is alot of fun. i really enjoy having a horse that will put up with all that mess. i got a very nice cooler from smartpak, embroidery and everything. it was my bday present seeing as it was expensive. its so nice and warm, its only for winter. im scared to put it on the horse though, right now it is on my chair in my room all folded nicely with his name showing.

I can relate, you know that. :lmao:

devinej

don't think a dickie dud would make a difference if you get heat migraines...if its hot, its hot. make sure you are fully hydrated.... and its not disrepectful to the judge if you take off your jacket when they tell you to take off your jacket. isn't it judge who makes that call....i personally think you are making a worse decision when you leave your jacket on.

fredsaid2

You will not find that kind of thing at Cap Challenge, worn or for sale.

Equine Athletics was the first or one of the first to market a jacket for warm weather. It has a net lining and stretch blend wool. They are nice jackets and may help w/ your heat tolerance issues. Hope you find something that works for you.

Equine Athletics Ladies Coats

FrmGrl

Get some!
don't think a dickie dud would make a difference if you get heat migraines...if its hot, its hot. make sure you are fully hydrated.... and its not disrepectful to the judge if you take off your jacket when they tell you to take off your jacket. isn't it judge who makes that call....i personally think you are making a worse decision when you leave your jacket on.
I remember one hot day at SMHA they forbid you to wear your jacket. Some trainer was making her kids wear them and they actually announced to please NOT wear your jackets. You never know. I love the coolmax shirts. They are very lightweight.

Robin

Bliss;
I used to get migraines, but get very few now. The recommendations, since I worked outside with most of my jobs in the past, was to get myself on a good vitamin with calcium. Reduce or eliminate my stress, and not to let things bother me. Pack small heathy snacks, quality juices, and gatorade.

Make sure your helmet has good ventilation. The have the cool caps that you can place inside to reduce the heat. remove your helmet when you dont need to have it on. I feel for you. And like some have suggested, you are only in the ring a short time. Wearing a long sleeve shirt does help, not hinder. When you sweat, the shirt dissipates the moisture through out the shirt, when you remove the jacket the moisture cools the extremities. your body and drys the shirt. helping with a cool down effect and prevents sunburn. The sun can elevate a headache, wear sunglasses. be cool and good luck.

fredsaid2

Bliss;
I used to get migraines, but get very few now. The recommendations, since I worked outside with most of my jobs in the past, was to get myself on a good vitamin with calcium. Reduce or eliminate my stress, and not to let things bother me. Pack small heathy snacks, quality juices, and gatorade.

Low calcium can contribute? That's interesting. I'll pass it on to my DH. Poor guy always has some level of pain to deal with. Tks!

appaholic

Well my trainers have always told me when they excuse jackets, to keep wearing them. It shows respect to the judge. You'll never see me with my jacket off in the ring. Also, i do breed shows and hardly do they ever excuse jackets. And I don't jump so there's no reason to have to see my cuffs.

And it's very nice for people(like myself) who gets heat migraines very easily. Doctors tell me to stay out of the heat, well I wanna show so i have to work my way around the two.

And if you are smart you would bring an extra show shirt just in case, especially if it is hot and there's a possibitly of excusing jackets.

Unfortunately true, I was at NC in June and there was a problem in the indoor so we were moved outside in the 100+ w/ heat index, but they still did not excuse jackets!

Sparks

I've taken mine off even before they've excused them and I don't think it really matters. It wasn't equitation though.

I think everyone is correct regarding the helmet. A cooler helmet can make a huge difference in your overall comfort.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
You will not find that kind of thing at Cap Challenge, worn or for sale.

Equine Athletics was the first or one of the first to market a jacket for warm weather. It has a net lining and stretch blend wool. They are nice jackets and may help w/ your heat tolerance issues. Hope you find something that works for you.

Equine Athletics Ladies Coats

I wasn't sure if they would have it up for sale there. I personally won't get one. I do like the Ovation Dri-lex shirts. I take my jacket off, and feel so much better.

Duckz

I get more overheated when my bare skin is against the lining of the jacket, like when I'm wearing a short sleeve show shirt. And then when jackets come off, a nice lightweight cotton shirt with long sleeves offers protection against the sun and keeps you cooler.

Sorry to hear about the migraines, those are the worst. I can't imagine one that lasts for three days :faint: Dunno anything about the breed shows, but can you focus on shows in the fall, winter, and spring, and try to avoid them in the summer?