• Against the war...

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • other...

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuddyLee

Football addict
He's voted for it, IMO. He was not IN the U.S. Senate in 2002. Since taking oath and joining the Senate, he's consistently backed the war in Iraq.

His record tells the tale. He says he's against it, but he's supported all the funding for it.

:shrug:
Interesting. Why isn't there more on this? Why hasn't Hillary been slamming this?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Interesting. Why isn't there more on this? Why hasn't Hillary been slamming this?

...now that is a wonderful question and there is an answer; The Democrats, as a party and as individuals, all agreed that one thing would be mantra; the Iraq war was a mistake. Not that it was the right thing to do at the time and Bush messed it up. Not that there are times when you have to be preemptive and Bush messed it up. Not that Bill and Kerry and everyone else supported it, it needed to happen, the world is a better place without Saddam yet, Bush messed everything up. Just 100% Iraq war = bad.

Hillary could have dumped this on Barrack months ago and made the argument you're suggesting that it was a tough vote and it takes tough people to make tough calls and deal with things as they are, not as we find later on and that Barrack is all talk, but did not have to face the tough decision. She could have used this as an example of her experience, right or wrong.

But, that would have flown in the face of the agreed upon orthodoxy and, as such, was anathema, was an unacceptable. The Dems went all in on Iraq and no one is allowed to back off of that. She could have killed him and burnished her self to moderates be prepared for McCain, but, no.

AndyMarquisLIVE

:whoosh:

You totally missed the point of this poll. The wording of Larry's first post is important.

Plus you just ruined the hook. :smack:
He DIDN'T vote on the IWR, at all.

But, if you're going to ask that, I think his votes since he's been in the Senate have to be taken into account. I don't know or care what he did in the State, it's irrelevant.

All facts considered, he's pro-war. The Poll asked if he voted for the war. LEt's see, he hasn't voted against it.

MMDad

Lem Putt
A true sign of intelligence is knowing when to stfu.:yay:
You realy have a point there, Kom. As shown here:

But, if you're going to ask that, I think his votes since he's been in the Senate have to be taken into account. I don't know or care what he did in the State, it's irrelevant.

All facts considered, he's pro-war. The Poll asked if he voted for the war. LEt's see, he hasn't voted against it.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:confused:

:killingme

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
...now that is a wonderful question and there is an answer; The Democrats, as a party and as individuals, all agreed that one thing would be mantra; the Iraq war was a mistake. Not that it was the right thing to do at the time and Bush messed it up. Not that there are times when you have to be preemptive and Bush messed it up. Not that Bill and Kerry and everyone else supported it, it needed to happen, the world is a better place without Saddam yet, Bush messed everything up. Just 100% Iraq war = bad.

Hillary could have dumped this on Barrack months ago and made the argument you're suggesting that it was a tough vote and it takes tough people to make tough calls and deal with things as they are, not as we find later on and that Barrack is all talk, but did not have to face the tough decision. She could have used this as an example of her experience, right or wrong.

But, that would have flown in the face of the agreed upon orthodoxy and, as such, was anathema, was an unacceptable. The Dems went all in on Iraq and no one is allowed to back off of that. She could have killed him and burnished her self to moderates be prepared for McCain, but, no.

:yeahthat: