Did the B set him up??

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
harleygirl said:
Very much so!!

Glad to here that. :yay:

I was just wondering if you were someone I know.

I used to work with a retired DC popo who arrested Abbie Hoffman. Seems Abbie spat in his face, and as he was about to "shampoo" one protester, his Sgt. stopped him short.

Back at the barracks, the Sgt. tripped AH up with a night stick, as he was descending the stairs. :bumpitybumpitybump::lmao:

Alas, my friend passed away.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
LexiGirl75 said:
My gosh, ya'll hate Jesse, Barry, Sharpton, who else?

I must say I used to respect Jesse.....until one day years ago when I was working in town for the fed gov. he came to where I was working at for some pr thing. I worked in an office with all African American females, with me being the only white one. He whirled in with his large entourage and stopped and talked and hugged everyone. He walked by my desk, I looked at him and smiled, he did not even acknowledge me, he just walked to the desk in front of me. I am a very approachable friendly person, just the wrong color I guess.

camily

Peace
I know the guy, or one of them, that used to sell to Barry. He worked with my husband after his bit. On the up and up now, for the most part! :lmao:

ylexot

Super Genius
LexiGirl75 said:
I actually have some respect for Sharpton because of the several times I've seen him on O'Reilly. I disagree with most of his views, but at least he seems willing to listen to the other side and discuss topics calmly.

Let's see, who else do I hate? Charles Rangle (complete idiot and his voice just annoys me), George Soros, Ted Kennedy, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Howard Dean, ...that's all I can think of at the moment. What, expecting a list of black people? I hate the ideas (or lack of ideas) of these people, not their color.

camily

Peace
ylexot said:
I actually have some respect for Sharpton because of the several times I've seen him on O'Reilly. I disagree with most of his views, but at least he seems willing to listen to the other side and discuss topics calmly.

Let's see, who else do I hate? Charles Rangle (complete idiot and his voice just annoys me), George Soros, Ted Kennedy, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Howard Dean, ...that's all I can think of at the moment. What, expecting a list of black people? I hate the ideas (or lack of ideas) of these people, not their color.
I thought that said "discuss topics camily" :lmao: :killingme :lmao:

Toxick

Splat
LexiGirl75 said:

Just to clarify, I'm pitching in my $0.02 worth:

I don't hate any of those people listed above.

As for Jesse and Al, they're total media whores, and their politics are totally effed up, and they have done more to perpetuate and exacerbate racial tension than anyone, except perhaps the Klan.

Barry is simply a criminal. He belongs behind bars with the other criminals, but for some reason he's obtained "Mayor 4 Life" status, and it seems that no matter how bad he acts, he's given an automatic carte blanche when anyone else would be in maximum security.

I have very little respect for then men you've listed - but that don't mean I hate em.

In fact, I put them in the same bin as Senator Fish-Belly-White Ted Kennedy.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
camily said:
Too bad things go that way on either part. Where is Barry living now? My husband seems to think it is around District Heights in a house, but I say in an apartment (from the story) in his district, 8th or whatever?Did his wife gets the nice house he used to live in after he was Mayor? Or am I just completely innacurate on all accounts? By the way Lexi, I really like your posts and you have taken alot of criticism in stride and not resorted to the name calling etc. we often see. :yay:

He lives in SE DC. If anyone has ever taken Suitland Pkwy towards downtown, when you pass the Naylor Rd and Alabama Ave exits the next one will be Stanton Rd. If you make a left on Stanton Rd. and then a right on Bruce Place and go all the way to the back you will hit Washington View Apts (No thru street). In the midst you will pass torn down projects soon to be if not already more townhouse communities that start off looking dreamy then end up with crab grass and muddy sidewalks. Anyone who knows about the Southeast red mud.

His 2nd wife (Cora) is dating the mother of Venus and Serena Williams. For those of you who don't know this, it's true or at least she was. I can't keep up. She and their mom started a tennis sports complex in SE DC and she is deeply involved in that project when I go to the MLK Day parades I always see her in the center's van waving, we love her too.

Effie, the first wife I do not know where she lives but she and he lived in a house off of Alabama Ave in the Hillcrest Heights area of DC (the good area that when I decided to buy a house became way too expensive). They have lived there (also Ward 8) the whole time he was in office before the B set him up. I dont know if Effie still lives there though. That home I would say is on the DC/MD line almost which kind of nears District Heights.

Thanks Camily, I don't know anyone or have a relationship good or bad to call names to the point of serious offending. I joke around and name call but inspite of, I am here, this be my home (SoMd) so I need to fit in where I can get in.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
harleygirl said:
LexiGirl75 said:

I must say I used to respect Jesse.....until one day years ago when I was working in town for the fed gov. he came to where I was working at for some pr thing. I worked in an office with all African American females, with me being the only white one. He whirled in with his large entourage and stopped and talked and hugged everyone. He walked by my desk, I looked at him and smiled, he did not even acknowledge me, he just walked to the desk in front of me. I am a very approachable friendly person, just the wrong color I guess.

I can understand your feelings, I don't like people like that. Usually, I come in contact with snotty people who act like that. Like higher ups. I don't know much about Jesse except the "textbook" stuff so if I was to meet him I probably would think he was full of it. Yet, I would show him respect, but in your situation he has deservingly lost your respect. The consolation is that you were not missing anything anyway. BTW was that during his "Up with hope, down with dope" Rainbow Coalition days? He is a work of art.

Another funny story is that talk show host Montel Williams before he "blew up" came to our JHS with his military uniform on and he had this cheesy boombox that he played after he spoke to us in assembly. His motto was "Mountain, move out of my way!" (you can laugh lol). And he had these dancerettes with him and he played the audio tape in the boombox of a song he made with the chorus of his motto. Well shortly after that he got the talk show and I had never seen him in the uniform or heard that motto ever again.

It's people like that who claim they are down for the community as long as there is limelight but once they blow up or something else comes up they forget about "the cause".

I do believe at one point Barry was asked to be the mayor of another city or was that Chief Ramsey :confused: Anyway, Barry may have done a lot of stuff, it was mostly to his own life, regardless of the position he held, he always will be remembered for what he did for the inner city youths and the poor people of SE and Ward 8. A lot of people are thankful for what he did. And years later (16yrs at least) he is still down for the cause.

Pete

Repete
LexiGirl75 said:
I can understand your feelings, I don't like people like that. Usually, I come in contact with snotty people who act like that. Like higher ups. I don't know much about Jesse except the "textbook" stuff so if I was to meet him I probably would think he was full of it. Yet, I would show him respect, but in your situation he has deservingly lost your respect. The consolation is that you were not missing anything anyway. BTW was that during his "Up with hope, down with dope" Rainbow Coalition days? He is a work of art.

Another funny story is that talk show host Montel Williams before he "blew up" came to our JHS with his military uniform on and he had this cheesy boombox that he played after he spoke to us in assembly. His motto was "Mountain, move out of my way!" (you can laugh lol). And he had these dancerettes with him and he played the audio tape in the boombox of a song he made with the chorus of his motto. Well shortly after that he got the talk show and I had never seen him in the uniform or heard that motto ever again.

It's people like that who claim they are down for the community as long as there is limelight but once they blow up or something else comes up they forget about "the cause".

I do believe at one point Barry was asked to be the mayor of another city or was that Chief Ramsey :confused: Anyway, Barry may have done a lot of stuff, it was mostly to his own life, regardless of the position he held, he always will be remembered for what he did for the inner city youths and the poor people of SE and Ward 8. A lot of people are thankful for what he did. And years later (16yrs at least) he is still down for the cause.
What about the Reverend siring a illegitimate child?

Last edited:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Pete said:
What about the Reverend siring a illegitimate child?

It's just the difference between those who get caught and those who don't. Most people in the limelight do stuff that we would frown upon. Even men of God. Did you hear about Kirk Franklin. Bottom line is that we are all human first.

Pete

Repete
LexiGirl75 said:
It's just the difference between those who get caught and those who don't. Most people in the limelight do stuff that we would frown upon. Even men of God. Did you hear about Kirk Franklin. Bottom line is that we are all human first.
I can understand that. But I find it kind of vile for a person to use clergy status to gain a pulpit to promote their political agenda and "above reproach" persona all the while diddling a subordinate.

camily

Peace
LexiGirl75 said:
You're right about that. Some get caught, some don't. Same with teen pregnancy, on the other hand, they're not on TV preaching abstinence.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
camily said:
You're right about that. Some get caught, some don't. Same with teen pregnancy, on the other hand, they're not on TV preaching abstinence.

One of the reasons I am glad people (or maybe it's just me as I go into adulthood) are starting to feel liberated from believing that they will "go to hell" if they leave a church because they don't agree with the goings on, especially when they know things are not right. I guess Jesse doesn't care too much about how his walk is going, in which a good clergyman would.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Pete said:
I can understand that. But I find it kind of vile for a person to use clergy status to gain a pulpit to promote their political agenda and "above reproach" persona all the while diddling a subordinate.

Seems he has always done that and at one point I forgot he was a Reverend. That is why I could not follow his leadership. I respect him as a man of God and that is it.