Dinner

R

rdonthehd

the cavalry is here...

RR - I LOVE to cook... I have a ton of cookbooks, which I collect everywhere I go. I have a few websites that you might like. The Food Network has a show I love, 30 minute meals with Racheal Ray and "How to boil water" is a show that takes gourmet meals and makes them really simple to turn out. The recipes are on the web page www.foodnetwork.com
and on the Betty Crocker website you can get emailed a recipe a day, and it has lots of simple ideas and recipes too www.bettycrocker.com
another one of my very favs is All Recipes ... it's a forum of tried and tested recipes from very very easy to very very gourmet, depending on the person that sent in the recipe www.allrecipes.com
hope this helps... now get cookin' :kiss:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
rdonthehd said:
RR - I LOVE to cook... I have a ton of cookbooks,

I got rid of a bunch when I moved last year. I never used them.

I too like to cook, but for just me & chicklet, it gets boring.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
workin hard said:
I have made a promise to the DH that I would start cooking more because I really should learn how and eating out is getting expensive. So I made a promise to him that when we moved I would cook more often. My problem is that I don't really know how or what to make. If it doesn't come in a box with directions then I don't make it. So if you would like to support a new wife please post easy and quick recipes for me :smile:. Nothing too fancy as we are just meat and potatoes people. :lol:

Box of stuffing.. Your choice of flavor. ie.. Chicken, regular etc..
Make it first. Let it cool.

Boneless chicken butterflied. Once the stuffing is cool to the touch. Take a dollup of stuffing with a spoon or hand. Put in the middle of the butterflied boneless chicken. 1/2 teaspoon of oil over the stuffing. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Oil the baking pan lightly. Roll the chicken w/ stuffing, put in pan stuffing side down. Bake 40 mins at 375.
Take a pack of gravy. Poor over stuffed chicken when done and Wah Lah! Dinner for 2, for around $10.
Great with bacon greenbeans.
:cartwheel

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Suz' said:
Throw the boneless breasts in a pan and dump a can of mushroom (chicken or other cream soup) over them, bake 350 for 45 min. Cook egg noodles and spoon the soup over them and the chicken. :yum: very easy.......... and quick
:yeahthat: You can use cream of mushroom soup for just about everything. I use George (george forman grill) about 3 times a week. The other 3 times I use crockpot. Just throw the meat in there. Any kind of meat. I don't even throw in any veggies or potatoes. Decide that when I get home. I have even cooked my meatloaf in the slow cooker. I'd be lost without that thing!

unixpirate

Pitty Party
workin hard said:
So if you would like to support a new wife please post easy and quick recipes for me :smile:. Nothing too fancy as we are just meat and potatoes people. :lol:

Another one of my favorites. Cheap and easy. :dance: :lol:

One whole Kielbasa sliced.
2 cans of diced potatoes. Or buy them whole in the can and slice them yourself. You can dice raw ones also, but then the baking time is about an hour.
2 cans of green beans.
8-10" baking dish. Put all this in the baking dish. Stir it up. Mix it all together.
Drizzle some oil over all of it.
Stick of butter right in the middle. Yes a whole stick.. :lol:
Salt and pepper to taste.
Bake for 30 mins at 375.
Wah Lah. Dinner for 2-4 for less then $10.
:patriot:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
workin hard said:
Please remind Ehesef of this when she is invited to my housewarming cookout. :lol:
I told you that I'm not coming. I don't like you. I may buy your DH some earplugs or something though, cause I really feel for him.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
morganj614 said:
I will do that..I'll even tell her which one to get since it looks like she will never move out of momma's house and never have to cook.:lmao:
:snort: Yeah, like she cooks either. If it wasn't for my brother, we'd all starve to death.

Actually, when I moved out, I got pretty good at making stuff out of a box. Other than that, if it doesn't come with specific directions, I'm going to ruin it. I'm the worst cook ever.

Ehesef said:
I told you that I'm not coming. I don't like you. I may buy your DH some earplugs or something though, cause I really feel for him.
You are coming you crazy biatch and if you don't I will never speak to you again and you will miss me so much that you will go crazy. :mad:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
workin hard said:
You are coming you crazy biatch and if you don't I will never speak to you again and you will miss me so much that you will go crazy. :mad:
Do you swear to God?

Ehesef said:
:snort: Yeah, like she cooks either. If it wasn't for my brother, we'd all starve to death.

Actually, when I moved out, I got pretty good at making stuff out of a box. Other than that, if it doesn't come with specific directions, I'm going to ruin it. I'm the worst cook ever.

Yeah thats how I am :lmao: