Dinner

F

Fat Momma

CandyRain said:
Thread Date Comment
Dinner 09-13-2006 10:06 AM real healthy menu there :bigwhoop:

I'm a single mom and I do the best I can. When I win the lottery and hire a chef, I'll be sure to send some scraps your way. :huggy:

There is nothing wrong with your menu and the person that left you that karma is nothing more but a know it all wanna be coward. You hang in there sister.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
CandyRain said:
Thread Date Comment
Dinner 09-13-2006 10:06 AM real healthy menu there :bigwhoop:

I'm a single mom and I do the best I can. When I win the lottery and hire a chef, I'll be sure to send some scraps your way. :huggy:

I don't think that's a horrible menu at all. It could be better but it could be a lot worse. We don't have a set menu but the nights that the other half is home it's a meat and two sides, usually a veggie and a starch, sometimes two vegs. When he's not home the pigs and I are free to have whatever we want. We'll have breakfast for dinner often, a lot of times we have sandwiches and fresh fruit, sometimes tuna on crackers with cut up fresh veggies and dressing to dip them in just to name a few.

Candy, but a crock pot. It'll be your best friend! :yay:

somd whisper

CandyRain said:
:yeahthat:

This is the typical schedule, but we flip flop days as the schedule sometimes changes:

Monday: some sort of chicken and a vegetable
Tuesday: grilled cheese and soup
Wednesday: tacos and rice 'n beans
Thursday: we go out
Friday: pizza

Weekends are based on where we are, what we're doing, and what we're in the mood for.

I did not always like to cook….I am a total geek for Rachel Ray’s shows. That got me started then I started reading cookbooks and it took off from there.

I love to cook; it is fun now and not so much a chore as it use to be. I like the idea of having a theme for each night…it gives the stability of what to plan around but enough room for flexibility for different recipes. Great idea!

P

PelyKat

I used to try to keep to a certain main category for each day of the week. It sure makes planning and shopping easier. There mare so many things you can do with Pasta or Soup and Sandwiches as a category. It was never the same thing two weeks in a row. And the kids got to pick a favorite once or twice a week. It was great.

Now it's just hubby and me, and he doesn't get home until 7pm. So it's a lot of quick and easy foods. With "real" cooking waiting until the weekends. This is ok with me.

F

Fat Momma

PelyKat said:
I used to try to keep to a certain main category for each day of the week. It sure makes planning and shopping easier. There mare so many things you can do with Pasta or Soup and Sandwiches as a category. It was never the same thing two weeks in a row. And the kids got to pick a favorite once or twice a week. It was great.

Now it's just hubby and me, and he doesn't get home until 7pm. So it's a lot of quick and easy foods. With "real" cooking waiting until the weekends. This is ok with me.

I agree with both you and whisper. My husband and I may try this...that way he does not have to ask,"what for dinner"