Disc Golfers! Its finally done!

Lexparkflyers

Hey guys the Golf course at lancaster park is finally done! I have installed 18 mach 5 baskets and heavy rubber tee pad with pretty nice signs! I am still working on finding a place to put my score cards and maps but the course is playable! Please come out and check it out.

-Will

dn0121

That's great. Sorry I couldn't help set up the other day. Sat mornings are school days. Let me know another time though.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Hey guys the Golf course at lancaster park is finally done! I have installed 18 mach 5 baskets and heavy rubber tee pad with pretty nice signs! I am still working on finding a place to put my score cards and maps but the course is playable! Please come out and check it out.

-Will

I'd like to shake your hand! I was going post a thread about this, my son and boyfriend have been playing this already. They went out on Sunday and finished to hole 13 until it started to rain, I caddied that for the first 4 holes until my ankles started to swell (pregnancy):lamo:
Then BF went out last night, he loves it.

My 7 year old is ALL ABOUT IT! Now they're sharing something they both love :yahoo: Thanks!

dn0121

I'd like to shake your hand! I was going post a thread about this, my son and boyfriend have been playing this already. They went out on Sunday and finished to hole 13 until it started to rain, I caddied that for the first 4 holes until my ankles started to swell (pregnancy):lamo:
Then BF went out last night, he loves it.

My 7 year old is ALL ABOUT IT! Now they're sharing something they both love :yahoo: Thanks!

That's great. Maybe I'll see you up there some time.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
They had been playing before Sunday though, it was the week before that they started. The signs at the tees help a great deal.

Lexparkflyers

Thats what its all about! Family fun and just being able to chillax with your friends! Please tell them to give me a call if they want maps or score cards. I am working on a billboard to post things like that as well as other upcoming information!

-Will

Lexparkflyers

I am working on getting a few places around her to carry the newest plastic's but until then you are more than welcome to borrow mine or I have a friend who is a pro sponsered by Discraft and he can sell ya a couple!

-Will

-Will

What part of the park? Past the dog park to the left?

dn0121

I am working on getting a few places around her to carry the newest plastic's but until then you are more than welcome to borrow mine or I have a friend who is a pro sponsered by Discraft and he can sell ya a couple!

-Will

We should have an event maybe make it a weekly thing.

Lexparkflyers

If you go straight into the park follow it all the way down to the curve and you will see the practice basket to the left. The first tee it about 100 or so feet from that.

-Will

Lexparkflyers

Ummm mikes is going to be carrying discs but he dosnt have any yet? Also Disc craft is a company that makes discs along with Innova and a few others. I do have a prefrence but I would rather share in person. Not really looking to advertise without a sponser. LOL On the other side yeah I think a tourney would be a great Idea but I dont have time to build it. Need help in that dept. Let me know if you wanna work sumtin out>

-Will

MtnGrlBytheBay

So how do we get started? I've always had an interest in this activity, but have never seriously done it. Can you post some reliable links to rules and equipment? Tips and suggestions for those of us just starting out?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Ummm mikes is going to be carrying discs but he dosnt have any yet? Also Disc craft is a company that makes discs along with Innova and a few others. I do have a prefrence but I would rather share in person. Not really looking to advertise without a sponser. LOL On the other side yeah I think a tourney would be a great Idea but I dont have time to build it. Need help in that dept. Let me know if you wanna work sumtin out>

-Will
We have some Innova disks :yay:
It would be nice to meet up with you one of these days, maybe have a disk clinic for driving, putting and such.

So how do we get started? I've always had an interest in this activity, but have never seriously done it. Can you post some reliable links to rules and equipment? Tips and suggestions for those of us just starting out?

You can go to DICK'S in Waldorf, I know for sure they have equipment, other than that, a towel, water bottle, pen or pencil and a score card in a bag to carry everything. We have been watching disk golf tips on youtube.
Follow the link below for more info.
Disc Golf Education | Disc Golf News, Information, Resources

Lexparkflyers

I would be happy to hold clinics for anyone who would like to learn the sport. Its great for all ages. Also If you go to Professional Disc Golf Association you can read all about the sport and the rules as well as find a full course directory, if you plan to play while out of town. As far as getting started Dick in waldorf is an option or if you check on ebay there are tons of people selling disc's and you can usually pick them up a little bit cheaper than some stores.

-Will