Disgusting waste.

Toxick

Splat
What if I am the next a hole and I ban complaining or, at the very least, require finger prints and a background check before deciding if you are permitted to complain? What then, huh?

Open rebellion and bloodshed.

Aw, who'm I kidding? I couldn't stay mad at you...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
How about we give solar power a try. Give a tax break as long as all the parts were manufactured in the US.

Here in sunny FLA, I'd put some solar panels on my roof if I got a tax incentive to do it. Also with more people doing it, the price for the parts should decline.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How about we give solar power a try. Give a tax break as long as all the parts were manufactured in the US.

Here in sunny FLA, I'd put some solar panels on my roof if I got a tax incentive to do it. Also with more people doing it, the price for the parts should decline.

Umm..are you being facetious? Or you really aren't aware of the huge tax credit/incentive programs already in place..??

Solar Rebates and Solar Tax Credits by State

acommondisaster

Wind "technology" has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years. If it were a viable source of reliable power, wouldn't it have been harnessed ages ago? If it were a reliable source of energy, why would we have ever gone to coal fired plants in the first place, since they came WAY after wind power?

The only person I've heard of with a wind generator lives part time in their home and there are only the two of them, not a family of four consuming the average amount of energy, and they have reported that they get a whopping 35 percent (if I remember correctly) of their energy from their windmill. You can tell me all day long about how much power these eyesores (that the Kennedys fought having built offshore in sight of the "Kennedy Compound") generate, but I'm not buying the propaganda. (Because that's what it seems to be; I haven't seen the proof that it works long term). OMalley's pulling out every trick in the book to make himself seem less like a tax and spend guy and more like "progressive forward thinking presidential candidate".

MMDad

Lem Putt

Besides the tax breaks you get, how much more do you want the taxpayers to fund your energy needs? Solar electric has only gotten as far as it has because the taxpayers funded the development over the last 50 years through NASA. They needed the most efficient cells possible for the space program. Now that they developed the technology, paid for by through taxes, you also want us to fund your use of the technology?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Besides the tax breaks you get, how much more do you want the taxpayers to fund your energy needs? Solar electric has only gotten as far as it has because the taxpayers funded the development over the last 50 years through NASA. They needed the most efficient cells possible for the space program. Now that they developed the technology, paid for by through taxes, you also want us to fund your use of the technology?

I'd rather see individuals get a tax break instead of huge companies like: Evergreen Solar ($25 million)
SpectraWatt ($500,000)
Solyndra ($535 million)
Beacon Power ($43 million)
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)
A123 Systems ($279 million)
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Schneider Electric ($86 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)
Range Fuels ($80 million)
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)

Read more: List: 36 Of Obama

And the other component would be that all the piece parts would have to be made in the US. US companies would have to do the installations. That would help create jobs. As more systems are designed the technology would improve.

Last edited: