Dishonest 5 Guys cashiers

SugarBear47

Oh yeah this is a very old mostly 'managers' trick. First time I saw it was 30 yrs ago at a Captain D's in S.C. I was a customer and noticed the scam on my receipt. I watched the manager doing the same thing over and over. I reported her to the head office, she was literally hauling in thousands of bucks a day, cheating each customer a tiny bit. The company fired the cheating manager and sent me 6 coupons for free dinners. They all do it, it happens at Giant too. They should definitely be reported.

PeoplesElbow

I ate at five guys today, I even tried to bait them by flashing the cash before I ordered and nothing. In fact you can see the items rang up in front of your eyes as they do it.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I ate at five guys today, I even tried to bait them by flashing the cash before I ordered and nothing. In fact you can see the items rang up in front of your eyes as they do it.

I never show method of payment until they tell me how much I owe.

Hank

my war
Most cashiers struggle with change anyway.... Even when the register indicates how much.... I vote for self checkout everywhere!

nutz

Most cashiers struggle with change anyway.... Even when the register indicates how much.... I vote for self checkout everywhere!

Another idiot...support minimum wage increases but then support eliminating minimum wage jobs :smack:

Baker12

Self checkout terminals are faster, smarter and cleaner than your typical minimum wage worker. I no longer frequent any fast food establishment due to the animals behind the counters

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Self checkout terminals are faster, smarter and cleaner than your typical minimum wage worker. I no longer frequent any fast food establishment due to the animals behind the counters

I'm with you there. Just the personal hygiene of the critters is enough to make you nauseous. :barf:

kickstand

De omnibus dubitandum est
More than once at the 5 Guys in St.Mary's I have been asked to pay more than what was on the receipt. The scam they run is to charge you for your burger, fries and drink. But they don't enter the drink in the register and pocket that money. When you ask, they say "oops, I just made a mistake" but you paid the right amount so "it's all good".

This would never happen at In-N-Out Burger... mostly because the burgers better...just sayin...

mitzi

Unbelievable. Hopefully someday you're knocked off your high horse.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

That is a fact. Except for the one jewel of fast food: That jem of a place called Roy Rogers in Solomons. Place is always clean and the young staff behind the counter is always respectably dressed, presentable, polite and well spoken. To me, it is the last of the hold outs of worthy fast, good, food establishments. Also the only fast food place I'd let my kids work, when they are ready to.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

That is a fact. Except for the one jewel of fast food: That jem of a place called Roy Rogers in Solomons. Place is always clean and the young staff behind the counter is always respectably dressed, presentable, polite and well spoken. To me, it is the last of the hold outs of worthy fast, good, food establishments. Also the only fast food place I'd let my kids work, when they are ready to.

Chick-fil-a?