Disney World claims another life!!

MMDad

Lem Putt
My wife really wants to go on this ride when we're there next month. Extra life insurance, here we come!

camily

Peace
MMDad said:
My wife really wants to go on this ride when we're there next month. Extra life insurance, here we come!
She wants to make sure she's set when you kick the bucket huh. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
camily said:
Due to all the publicity, I'm dying to ride it, pardon the pun.
It was pretty cool :yay:

You're spinning at 2Gs and when your ship "takes off" you really feel it. As long as you look at the video monitor, you're okay. But once you look away, your body realizes that it's spinning and that's what will make you sick.

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:
It was pretty cool :yay:

You're spinning at 2Gs and when your ship "takes off" you really feel it. As long as you look at the video monitor, you're okay. But once you look away, your body realizes that it's spinning and that's what will make you sick.
You're litterally spinning? Wow! How do you look at a monitor while you're spinning though?

Fred Hoeck

Makavide said:
Just wondering - how many people have a physical before going down to Disney World?
The problem is most of these heart conditions are unknown until something happens. People have many hidden health problems they do not know of until it kills them. How often do you hear of seamingly healthy people having heart attack or seizure of some type.
The attempt to make EPCOT Center a thrill ride place has made it less desirable for ordinary people. This ride replaced Horizons, a perfectly good ride sponsered by GE. All could enjoy it. The GM ride had to be replaced with the test track, again having restrictions. I thought Walt Disney's idea was to have rides that all ages could equally enjoy. If one wants extreme rides, there is King's Dominion and its sister parks.
I did ride this ride, it wasn't bad, but that doesn't mean it is for everyone. My wife, who likes roller coasters, (I don't), wouldn't go on it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Fred Hoeck said:
I thought Walt Disney's idea was to have rides that all ages could equally enjoy. If one wants extreme rides, there is King's Dominion and its sister parks.
I did ride this ride, it wasn't bad, but that doesn't mean it is for everyone. My wife, who likes roller coasters, (I don't), wouldn't go on it.
Their biggest idea is to stay in business, and rides like "It's a Small World" and the "Teacups" aren't going to do that. They HAVE to compete with Cedar Point, King's Dominion whether they want to or not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
camily said:
How do you look at a monitor while you're spinning though?
:lmao:

You're in a capsule with the monitor in front of you, and the whole thing is spinning. If you keep looking straight at the monitor, it feels like you're lifting off, flying and slingshotting around the moon. But the second you look away from the monitor... :barf:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
vraiblonde said:
:lmao:

You're in a capsule with the monitor in front of you, and the whole thing is spinning. If you keep looking straight at the monitor, it feels like you're lifting off, flying and slingshotting around the moon. But the second you look away from the monitor... :barf:

Yup thats what happens to.........

beejay

Some of your comments are just heartless. The woman is dead. Some of you take serious things so lightly, or maybe it's just ignorance.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
beejay said:
Some of your comments are just heartless. The woman is dead. Some of you take serious things so lightly, or maybe it's just ignorance.

At least is happened at the happiest place on Earth. :shrug:

beejay said:
:ohwell:

I guess I won't post my comment about health insurance companies coming up with the idea to spin new applicants as part of the registration process.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
beejay said:

Could you please point out the heartless comments?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
beejay said:
Do you know what kind of car she drives??