Disney

Geek

mv_princess said:
I still believe in the magic and I am much older than 6. I think the perfect age would be 16. Old enough to not need a nap. Still able to enjoy everything. And old enough that you don't have to babysit 24/7

That is the sexiest thing you have ever said. meet me behind Target in one hour :smoochy:

I take my kids every year, sometimes twice a year since my son was six months old. You just have to be reasonalbe with your expectations and don't go all commado on yourself trying to get to all the rides. I always followed their schedules and went back to the Hotel a lot. We loved it.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Geek said:
That is the sexiest thing you have ever said. meet me behind Target in one hour :smoochy:
:love: I do though. I feel like a big kid every time I go!! It probably doesn't help anyone, since I sitll watch Disney movies. But the magic is there!!! even at 23.

Geek

mv_princess said:
:love: I do though. I feel like a big kid every time I go!! It probably doesn't help anyone, since I sitll watch Disney movies. But the magic is there!!! even at 23.

Me too!! :huggy: :yay:

Vince

Elle said:
I'm not saying the baby will remember it but I think it will be special for the 6 y/o
Mine were 1 and 3. And as I said in my post, "find a sitter for the infant and take the 6 year old." The 6 year old will appreciate and remember it.

sockgirl77

We are taking Thing 1 for his 3rd birthday next month. We are planning on moving to Texas the end of next month so we want to squeeze it in before we leave. We are hoping that having Thing 2 with us will not make things hard. But, Florida residents get huge discounts. :yay:

Geek

Vince said:
Mine were 1 and 3. And as I said in my post, "find a sitter for the infant and take the 6 year old." The 6 year old will appreciate and remember it.

I didn't care if the kids remembered it :shrug: I did. I also took video so I could show it to them when they weren't noodles anymore.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Geek said:
I didn't care if the kids remembered it :shrug: I did. I also took video so I could show it to them when they weren't noodles anymore.
I think seeing things through his eyes is what made it even more special, not that we won't have a great time on our next trip but just the amazement that he had made it even better.

meme

The Smart Hooker
Hell I took all my kids even when the were babies, but then again I don't pay for my tickets to Disney.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
If the spouse and you are patient and don't mind taking turns on rides, then it isn't that big of a deal. There is a lot you won't be able to do together, and you will have to sometime walk out of special shows if your child starts screaming (one or the other of you), but if you go with the complete expectation that this is what you have to do and stay in extra day or two so you can move slower, you should be fine.

However, it is really best to wait. We (wife, son, and I) took our daughter when she was 4, and we had a blast. It depends on the kid, too.