Divorce Question

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
The EX and I did our Divorce a few months ago in April. A few days after I received a Judgement of Absolute Divorce from the court.

Now yesterday I received another Judgement of Absolute Divorce. I have both copies here in front of me and both are identical. Same dates, wording etc. No difference.

Has anyone else here gotten a Divorce in St. Mary's recently? Did you get 2 copies of the same paperwork about 90 days apart? Heck, I 'thought' I had been divorced since April.

I am just a little befuddled as to why they sent two identical copies 90 days or so apart. I had a lawyer draw up the original separation agreement but I did not use one for the Divorce itself as everything was pretty simple. We waited a year and it was done. My original lawyer had everything in the separation agreement and the EX agreed to all of it so I did not use one for the Divorce. So anyway I really don't have a lawyer I can call and ask way I received 2 Judgemets.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Perhaps they just like to reassure you that you are in fact... Divorced?
Some people forget they don't own their spouses anymore.....:shrug:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Beelzebaby666 said:
Perhaps they just like to reassure you that you are in fact... Divorced?
Some people forget they don't own their spouses anymore.....:shrug:

:smile: Could be I guess. Crap I was already kinda sure I have been Divorced since April. Now they have me wondering.

Been real good if I was already invloved with someone and started lining another marriage up and then get something like this. I can hear it now. "I thought you told me you were divorced?" "Well, 'I' thought I was!".

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Jeff said:
Been real good if I was already involved with someone and started lining another marriage up......................

Why would you want to go and do something crazy like that?:confused:

:killingme j/k

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Wickedwrench said:
Why would you want to go and do something crazy like that?:confused:
:killingme j/k

Not for me. Trust me, after 10 years of marriage, and the last 5 being sour, I am in no hurry to jump in with both feet again. But I know some 'other' folks who don't waste any time.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Jeff said:
Not for me. Trust me, after 10 years of marriage, and the last 5 being sour, I am in no hurry to jump in with both feet again. But I know some 'other' folks who don't waste any time.

It's called a rebounder.:lmao:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Wickedwrench said:
It's called a rebounder.:lmao:
Ha! Rebounder my foot. Some folks start lining up marriage #2 before Marriage number 1 is over. Whaadya call those a Pre-Mature Rebounder???
:shrug:

Last edited:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Jeff said:
Ha! Rebounder my foot. Some folks start lining up marriage #2 before Marriage number 1 is over. Whaadya call those a Pre-Mature Rebounder???
:shrug:

Naw, that's called adultery.:lol: At one point in history it was looked upon with disfavor.:roflmao:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Wickedwrench said:
Naw, that's called adultery.:lol: At one point in history it was looked upon with disfavor.:roflmao:
Now, it's called just plain stupid for not learning your lesson the first time.. :coffee:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Wickedwrench said:

Ah haa. That's why they send the divorce paperwork out twice for people like me. Kind of like "Hey Dumbarss. your divorced, get out and go chase women!":duh: So noooow I knowww!

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Jeff said:
Ah haa. That's why they send the divorce paperwork out twice for people like me. Kind of like "Hey Dumbarss. your divorced, get out and go chase women!":duh: So noooow I knowww!

Nope. They sent you that paperwork to remind you to figure out just who you are at this point in life. If you already know the answer then get to chasin.:lmao:

Although it's more fun if they chase you.:eyebrow:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Wickedwrench said:
Nope. They sent you that paperwork to remind you to figure out just who you are at this point in life. If you already know the answer then get to chasin.:lmao:

Although it's more fun if they chase you.:eyebrow:

Did you see me last night in your rearview mirror? :whistle:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Are they both signed by the judge? I'd gotten one signed by the master who heard the case, then the final signed by the judge. The one by the judge is the one that really counts. :yay: