divorce wait time

blueskies

What is considered an acceptable amount of "wait time" before dating after (or during) a separation or divorce?

nobody really

I need a nap
What is considered an acceptable amount of "wait time" before dating after (or during) a separation or divorce?

why, you got them all lined up?:killingme

you posted this am, i'm sure by this afternoon you'll have some of the troller's on here pm'ing you lol

islandgrl

I don't know if it would be appropriate to date while seperated but once divorced I would think that it would depend on when the person is emotionally ready.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr

If you don't know, then no one else does either.

Just go do it and you'll find out quick if you're ready or not.

EDIT: and if you can go a full day without thinking negative thoughts about your ex, yeah, I'd say go for it. On the flip side, if you're out with your date and you begin talking about your ex, and your ex is NOT the person you're out on a date with, and outside of a direct question, then, you're not ready.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Rock_Chick

Everyone is different. If you wait 6 months after its final.. "people" wont care, if thats what you are worried about.

if you dont care what people think then you have to be apart a year before you file so after you file should be ok

I think this all changes if you have kids

dontknowwhy

I still say ASAP...why wait...Go out there & play the field, have as many 1 night stands as you want, make sure whoever you start dating, you find faults right away...that way its easy to dump them...and make sure you point out their faults so they go away with a complex

Manolo

I still say ASAP...why wait...Go out there & play the field, have as many 1 night stands as you want, make sure whoever you start dating, you find faults right away...that way its easy to dump them...and make sure you point out their faults so they go away with a complex

:lol: nice

walking Jackass with STDs

somdfunguy

not impressed
if the ink isn't dry on the divorce order and you're in MD that is considered cheating. so if there is custody or money issues wait until after the signature.