Do the Democrats have a viable 2020 nominee?

SamSpade

Any form of government would work perfectly, if we only had perfect people. :buddies:
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time. -- Winston Churchill, House of Commons on 11 November 1947

Clem72

My only worry is, if the young voters (you know... the ones who have been brainwashed by our "higher education" institutions) get out in large numbers, then there is a good chance Bernie or Warren can beat Trump.

Unless they come out with an app to let you vote in presidential elections from your phone, I don't see much turn out from the younger generation. Decades of media trying to get the youth to vote have proven this to be the case.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Just my opinion of course, but the dems don't have a viable candidate, nor do they want one. I do agree with Ken King's assessment that it's Hillary's for the taking, but only if she wants it, fear might have her in a death grip.

Why? Because the dems hate Trump. Not for anything Trump has done, other than what he did to Hillary. Trump dealt Hillary the most embarrassing blow she has ever had to endure. Bill's escapades were nothing compared to what Trump did to her, that was all Bill's fault because he was a typical worthless male. Trump proved America just plain hates her, and that's a jagged pill she can't swallow.

Sure, the resident Trump haters here will tell you they all dislike Hillary too, but who do you think they voted for in 2016? They have to hate Trump, for Hillary!

So if Trump is in office four more years, that's fine with the dems. It's another four years of delicious hate. Just like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs, "They got a real taste for it now".

PsyOps

Pixelated
Unless they come out with an app to let you vote in presidential elections from your phone, I don't see much turn out from the younger generation. Decades of media trying to get the youth to vote have proven this to be the case.

The belief that their tuition will be paid off (and free in the future) would be the single-most motivational factor. Of course, they are probably too ignorant to realize that a president can't make such a thing happen without congress.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm still laughing that they're ignoring their best bet, which is Tulsi Gabbard.

So who else do they have that would be palatable to moderates?
John Delaney followed by Tulsi.

But they won't consider either of them. Not radical enough. Too moderate. The next 12 months should be quite entertaining. 11/20 is the next comedy show. FREE, FREE, FREE!!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
THIS is some high level deep state stuff here. Yet completely believable. Gabbard and Delaney would be the most palatable choice out of the clown car.
I posted a similar reply before I got to your response. So both of them got 2 votes so far.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
As I’ve been saying since LAST Winter, which basically made me laughed out of this forum, Mayor Pete will be president.

He’s now in first in the latest Iowa poll

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mayor Pete will be president.

No, he won't. Nobody but you thinks a small town Mayor - who wasn't even very good at it - is qualified to run the whole United States. I think you must be trolling with this because you can't possibly be serious.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
As I’ve I’ve been saying since LAST Winter, which basically made me laughed out of this forum, Mayor Pete will be president.
I wouldn't be surprised if Buttigieg moves to the front. Maybe even enough to win the nomination. But I don't think he beats Trump.

Yes, he's being pushed as JFK incarnate with the added "benefit" of being gay. Good looking, military service, etc. But it won't put him over the top b/c a) the entirety of his portfolio is rather superficial (mayor of a small, Midwestern town and not a very good one at that), b) his military service will be suspect, and c) the gay Christian combo won't play well in enough places to be a benefit.

We'll see. Stranger things have happened.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

No, he won't. Nobody but you thinks a small town Mayor - who wasn't even very good at it - is qualified to run the whole United States....
I agree. You beat me to the exact same comment by a minute or so. 👍

--- End of line (MCP)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bootyjudge reminds me of Leslie Knope's boyfriend in Parks and Recreation - what was his name? It's like they're twins. Same bio, they even look alike.

Yooper

I'm still laughing that they're ignoring their best bet, which is Tulsi Gabbard.
I absolutely agree.

Additionally, I find it interesting there's such a disparity in "swoon" between Gabbard and the candidate closest to her, Buttigieg. Even though she arguably has more experience in "the big things" than he does. What gives? Makes one think the "intersectionality matrix" really is a thing....

--- End of line (MCP)