Do We Need a Department of Transportation?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Let’s take a look at the Department of Transportation (DoT). It’s stated mission is ”To deliver the world’s leading transportation system, serving the American people and economy through the safe, efficient, sustainable, and equitable movement of people and goods.” The DoT was established in 1966 and combines thirteen agencies that cover all aspects of transportation from air, road, and rail travel to the administration of the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation. It’s FY23 budget is $105 Billion, up from the FY21 budget of $87.6 Billion and it employs over 58,000 personnel.

What has the DoT done for us?

In addition to the failures listed above, there is plenty more where those came from. First off, the Federal Aviation Administration, one of the DoT agencies, failed miserably in certifying the 737 Max jet, causing two major crashes and the loss of many lives. While spending over $16.9 billion (FY23) on mass transit the U.S. has failed to modernize its system. The Motor Carrier Act of 1980 removed much of the price controls and red tape in the railroad industry, resulting in a 159% increase in productivity and a real price decline of 44%. Now, the Surface Transportation Board is starting to regulate reciprocal switching agreements. The net effect will be to bog down the rail industry and increase prices.

SamSpade

We do need a Dept of Transportation, but it requires the people in charge of it to ****ing show up for work. Pete Bootyjudge is a worthless POS and he needs to be fired immediately. All of you tards who wanted him to be President - you should never be allowed to vote in our elections again.
I always had the opinion that Mayor Pete regarded the position as a cake job that he could just phone in.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I'm thinking that these agency functions should fall under the Department of Commerce. After all, it is what they represent; Commerce between States.

SamSpade

You know, with Mayor Pete you so want to say “geez, you had one job….”.

I’ve never seen so much of our nation’s transportation fail so badly while the guy at the top focuses on renaming NOTAM.

WingsOfGold

We do need a Dept of Transportation, but it requires the people in charge of it to ****ing show up for work. Pete Bootyjudge is a worthless POS and he needs to be fired immediately. All of you tards who wanted him to be President - you should never be allowed to vote in our elections again.
Don't know about you but I shudder to think how he nurses those babies, especially his bitch wife/husband with the lispy limp wrist.
1673590587996.png

SamSpade

I gotta admit - I don't care for offhand insults of him being gay. Having a husband and adopting kids doesn't make him a worse Secretary of Transportation. Being ill prepared and spending ALL OF HIS attention on preposterous "woke" issues, like renaming all the racist and sexist stuff is absurd. He's just bad at his job. BAD AT IT. It would be as though we had a SecDef who felt the need to paint the Pentagon something other than white.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I gotta admit - I don't care for offhand insults of him being gay. Having a husband and adopting kids doesn't make him a worse Secretary of Transportation. Being ill prepared and spending ALL OF HIS attention on preposterous "woke" issues, like renaming all the racist and sexist stuff is absurd. He's just bad at his job. BAD AT IT. It would be as though we had a SecDef who felt the need to paint the Pentagon something other than white.

:thewave:

Pete being bad at his job has nothing to do with him being gay. It has to do with him being unqualified, unprepared, lazy, and inept.

Hijinx

Do we need a Department of Transportation?
We probably do.

But like all of the other parts of this administration it is sadly run.
Ca anyone name one part one Department of this Administration that is competently run?

This isn't an Administration it's a Menstruation.
Bleeding out all of the indivisible Under God ,liberty and justice for us all.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Kinda related. Our soon to be new governor has appointed a new diversity hire, Anthony Woods, for the Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs with a black gay man that was kicked out of the Army after being outed under the then "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. I am sure only good things will come of this appointment. /s

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Having a husband and adopting kids doesn't make him a worse Secretary of Transportation.

No, but his ' special ' stastus as a gay male gave him a pass for being out of the office disconnected from what was happening with the supply chain issues ... a normal straight male would have been called out

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
An engineer “replaced one file with another” during a routine scheduled systems maintenance effort on Wednesday morning, the official said, adding that the engineer was unaware of the mistake.

The FAA official also noted that Canada’s NOTAM system was disrupted Wednesday, although it remains unclear as to whether the problem was linked to the American failure. Canada was not forced to ground its flights and the official said Canada’s system is more modern.

The flight delays caused by the NOTAM failure on Wednesday lasted into Thursday. Over 600 flights within, into, or out of the U.S. were delayed and more than 80 were canceled on Thursday morning, The Wall Street Journal reported.

herb749

Kinda related. Our soon to be new governor has appointed a new diversity hire, Anthony Woods, for the Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs with a black gay man that was kicked out of the Army after being outed under the then "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. I am sure only good things will come of this appointment. /s

Vets are up for rough treatment in MD. Except if you are black.