Do you judge by the content of character...

PUBLIC POLL...

• I am white and I judge based on skin color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am black and I judge based on skin color

• I am Hispanic and I judge based on skin color

• I am Hispanic and I judge based on character

• I am 'other' and I judge based on skin color

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My first initial contact with some one of a different skin color is reserved, not so much because I'm a bigot (and I'm not), but more that I need to feel them out to see how sensitive or biased they are before I make a faux paux. If they are comfortable with who they are, so am I.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

My first initial contact with some one of a different skin color is reserved, not so much because I'm a bigot (and I'm not), but more that I need to feel them out to see how sensitive or biased they are before I make a faux paux. If they are comfortable with who they are, so am I.

That is totally normal be it skin color, back ground, religion, where you grew up. When INITIAL contact is made with someone, there is nothing wrong with being reserved. That is NOT bigotry.

amh24

I admit I do stereotype certain individuals until I am proven wrong. In a perfect world we should judge people by character but unfortunately society has shown us differently.

I could care less if you are black white or whatever. I do admit, however to judging depending on certain things like the way you are dressed, talk and act. For all I know they are fine people that just seem too "different".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Would...

...you look at that; not a single bigot in here. Or no proud ones, even though the 'public' feature failed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do admit, however to judging depending on certain things like the way you are dressed, talk and act.

See, that's me. Skin color hardly registers with me except as a physical feature, like hair color, eye color, height, etc. But I'm a snob about someone with a trashy lip ring or ugly visible tattoos who talks like an ignorant redneck. They make me say "Ick!" and run away.