Doctor recomendations in waldorf?

tyles

My husband is transitioning from the military and we are in the process of changing our insurance over. We need a family practice doctor in Waldorf, as well as an OB-Gyn since I am expecting our third child soon. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Nitrospeed16

For the OB/GYN..
Yolanda K. Vaughan
12070 Old Line Center
Waldorf, Maryland, 20602
(301)-638-0418

She's absolutely the best one there is...plus the fact that her office has all those doll houses and dolls, smells nice, and doesn't even look like a doctors office.

K

Kizzy

For an OBGYN, I recommend Dr. Bushrod, Kane and Kane. They are located in Penbroke Square, Suite #301.

301-843-7000 and 301-645-4800.

The doctors work out of Southern Maryland Hospital Center in Clinton, Maryland. Dr. Kane delivered both of my children, and both of my pregnancies were considered high risk. Dr. Kane is in charge of the neo-natal ward at Southern Maryland Hospital. His bedside manner isn't the best, but if you have any serious complications, he is the guy you want taking care of you.

Do you have a pediatrician?

If not, I recommend Dr. Sait and Chabra's office. They are located at #3600 Leonardtown Road, Waldorf, MD. 301-843-8663, 301-645-5951. They have 2 new women doctors now, and both of them are fantastic. They will get your children in the same day you call, no questions asked. They are considered one of the areas top pediatricians.

I go to Dr. Howell's office, and they are pretty quick to get you in when you are sick. I believe they are called Family Health Care Physicians. They are also in Penbroke Square. 301-645-4220, 301-843-1920.

K

Kizzy

One more thing, if you ever need a good child's dentist, go to Garner & Associates in Mechanicsville. Address #28095 Three Notche Road, Mechanicsville, MD. 301-884-8133. My son sees Rodeska (??). The one thing I have not been able to find in Charles County is a good dentist for my children.

Angel

~*~*~
OB/GYN
Dr. Neal (sp?)
Leonardtown, MD. 301-475-0145
Charlotte Hall, MD. 301-290-1100
She was the best for a doc we woman love to hate!
General Practice
Dr. Howell
Waldorf, MD. 301-645-4220
Went to him most my life, loved him!
Dentist
Dr. Alie
LaPlata, MD. 301-934-1111
College Park, MD. 301-220-7260
Went to him my entire life and he's the best dentist EVER!! :)

B

baswm

Dr. Hotchkiss is good as well. He is in the waldorf area. My wife had him when she was pregnant with my son. I do not have his contact info with me but can get it if needed.

donbarzini

Re: Re: Doctor recomendations in waldorf?

If not, I recommend Dr. Sait and Chabra's office. They are located at #3600 Leonardtown Road, Waldorf, MD. 301-843-8663, 301-645-5951. They have 2 new women doctors now, and both of them are fantastic.

I don't like to bash doctors AND I don't know about the two new women doctors....BUT.... When I brought my daughter to them for abdominal pain, they had three tries at diagnosis. Sait went so far as to tell me: "This is definitely not appendicitis".

They put her on Maalox and the next day when it was no better,
off to Children's Hospital. Five minutes in the ER and she was rushed up to surgery for a ruptured appendix. Spent ten days in the hospital.

We shopped around and found Dr Miller in Pembrooke Sq. Satisfied so far.

If you go to Maryland HealthCare Associates Dr. Haft is very good, but AVOID DR. DAVIDSON like the plague! He suxs. He has NO bedside manner, is very abrupt, not gentle at all ( I have heard horror stories about him do breast exams from a woman who works there).

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Angel
OB/GYN
Dr. Neal (sp?)
Leonardtown, MD. 301-475-0145
Charlotte Hall, MD. 301-290-1100
She was the best for a doc we woman love to hate!

Why in the world would you recommend someone who has a big fat malpractice lawsuit against her?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I have to agree on Dr Vaughan she is the best. I've been going to her since I was 14. She is super busy though. I had a horrible pregnancy with my first and an even worse delivery (emergency c-section) but I thankful have a very healthy two year old now. I'm not a huge fan of the c-section scar I was left with but I've been assured that there's some fixing that can be done this time around since I'm having a scheduled c-section and she won't be in a rush to get this one out.

Pediatricians I have to go with Dr. Alam on Post Office Rd. She was my pediatrician and is now Noah's. She has another Dr. that works there once a week that I do not reccomend at all. She's nice but doesn't listen to me as a parent at all.

K

Kizzy

Re: Re: Re: Doctor recomendations in waldorf?

Originally posted by donbarzini

I don't like to bash doctors AND I don't know about the two new women doctors....BUT.... When I brought my daughter to them for abdominal pain, they had three tries at diagnosis. Sait went so far as to tell me: "This is definitely not appendicitis".

They put her on Maalox and the next day when it was no better,
off to Children's Hospital. Five minutes in the ER and she was rushed up to surgery for a ruptured appendix. Spent ten days in the hospital.

We shopped around and found Dr Miller in Pembrooke Sq. Satisfied so far.

You know, for every bad story, there is several good ones. Sorry about your daughter, but I credit Dr. Chabraa for saving my own life. I know there for awhile, they had patients galore, so maybe the patient overload caused problems. Now, they are quick to get you in and run the necessary test. The 2 women are very good. I've heard Dr. Miller is very good as well.

I've heard Dr. Haft has a hard time getting you in. Well, I know they have a hard time getting a person in when they are sick. He is my grandmother's doctor. She has been in and out of the office for severe coughing for months. We just found out yesterday that she has severe emphysema.

It is so hard to find a good doctor in the land of HMO's and managed healthcare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel

~*~*~
Originally posted by PFgal
Why in the world would you recommend someone who has a big fat malpractice lawsuit against her?

:yikes: NO WAY!!! What happened??? I have been away for 2 years and didn't know a thing about it. Please do tell.

tyles

Thanks! We chose to go with Dr. Miller for the kids after talking to a fellow girl scout mom and recommendations here.

I'm still not sure about an OB, I think Hotchkiss & Zeliensky since they're just right down the road and were recommended here. My only worry is finding someone that will take me at 20 weeks. I expect an easy pregnancy and delivery, no problems so far.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Doctor recomendations in waldorf?

Originally posted by IM4Change
You know, for every bad story, there is several good ones. Sorry about your daughter, but I credit Dr. Chabraa for saving my own life. I know there for awhile, they had patients galore, so maybe the patient overload caused problems. Now, they are quick to get you in and run the necessary test. The 2 women are very good. I've heard Dr. Miller is very good as well.

I've heard Dr. Haft has a hard time getting you in. Well, I know they have a hard time getting a person in when they are sick. He is my grandmother's doctor. She has been in and out of the office for severe coughing for months. We just found out yesterday that she has severe emphysema.

It is so hard to find a good doctor in the land of HMO's and managed healthcare.
The trick w/ Dr. Haft is that when you call in, you have to ask to speak w/ his nurse. She will then get you in.