does anybody know where...

spinner

I can get a load of dirt? A neighbor used his skid loader to clean my goat barn and now my goats have a pond. I don't need pretty dirt but I do need to have it delivered. And soon because the pond it is turning into a real good mosquito breeding ground. Thanks.

Look in the phone book under excavating (I think). Depending on where you are, some companies are cheaper than others. If nothing else, there is a trailer being auctioned on Friday at the Chesapeake Auction House in St. Leonard, and last I knew, there was a big pile of free dirt in front of the new safeway in La Plata.

DarbyOhara

Musician
Anyone know where....

Anyone know where I can get some goats?

What's a going price for them these days?

I have an acre of unused, fenced in property and don't have a thing to do with it. I just cut the grass for the first time in.... as long as I am living here... and I'd rather do the goat thing... perhaps a lil milk occasionally. Anyone?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Anyone know where....

Originally posted by DarbyOhara
Anyone know where I can get some goats?

What's a going price for them these days?

I have an acre of unused, fenced in property and don't have a thing to do with it. I just cut the grass for the first time in.... as long as I am living here... and I'd rather do the goat thing... perhaps a lil milk occasionally. Anyone?

pm Dems....

spinner

If you want something to keep the grass down, don't get goats. They are browsers like deer and eat shrubs and bushes. The grass in my goat pen is up to my knees right now and I am going to have to cut it or let the horses in there.
If you are serious about not cutting the grass get a couple of lambs. Yes, they are stupid, but they will keep the grass down and in the fall you can send them to the butchers or the auction. That way you wouldn't have to worry about over-wintering them, hoof trimming and shots and all that stuff. If you haven't had sheep in the pen before and you don't get a whole lot you can keep the deworming down to a minium. They don't need much in the way of shelter and they sure are tasty. Plus sheep aren't as hard on fences as goats.

Now...I really need some dirt...

S

Shutterbug

I saw a sign in Town Creek where someone had "Free Fill Dirt". I think it was on Gunston Drive??? I don't know if it is still there or not.

Doubt they will deliver it for you, but you never know.