Does anyone care about College Football?

Beta84

They're out to get us
Being from Florida (combination of ACC and SEC country), college football is insane down there. I'm used to people chatting about it and watching it. Around here I don't seem to see that following. Does anyone care about college football around here? Are you apathetic because the Terps are no good? Does ACC country care about football?

But seriously, what's the deal? You're all boring me.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I've got a better question...

How does the WNBA stay in business??

I flipped through the channels and landed on a PLAYOFF game, and the stands were near EMPTY! How do you stay in business like that?

Beta84

They're out to get us

I flipped through the channels and landed on a PLAYOFF game, and the stands were near EMPTY! How do you stay in business like that?

That's a good question. The WNBA used to have a team in Miami (the Miami Sol) but they folded because we didn't give a damn :smile:

rockfish

Being from Florida (combination of ACC and SEC country), college football is insane down there. I'm used to people chatting about it and watching it. Around here I don't seem to see that following. Does anyone care about college football around here? Are you content because the Terps are so good? Does ACC country care about football?

:fixed:

donbarzini

They just use it to launder the NBA player's drug money

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I love college football.

Beta84

They're out to get us
The Canes are putting on a blocking clinic right now (ESPN2). 3 devastating blocks ("de-cleaters") in the first few minutes of the game, two on the same punt return. Ouch...poor Tar Heels.

You're probably all watching Clemson beat up on the Terps though...if you're watching at all... :bawl:

jsouthan

The Canes are putting on a blocking clinic right now (ESPN2). 3 devastating blocks ("de-cleaters") in the first few minutes of the game, two on the same punt return. Ouch...poor Tar Heels.

You're probably all watching Clemson beat up on the Terps though...if you're watching at all... :bawl:

I do like college football, but unfortunately you are right that Maryland has not been as good the last 2 years. They had started an uphill move, but have backslid (is that even a word?) the last 2 years. I think Ralph Friedgen may have a tough time holding onto his job if he cannot turn it around soon. They seem to be moving in a positive direction after a rough start to this season, so we'll see if they can keep it going. They are coming back on Clemson.

Go Terps!!! FEAR THE TURTLE!!!

jsouthan

Oooh... sorry about your 'Canes. Looks like the 'Heels survived their clinic to pull out a win. That interception in the end zone with 1 second left was a killer. Meanwhile, the Terps came back with a great effort by Chris Turner and Da'Rel Scott. I think the Fridge really lit a fire under 'em.

Let's see, Maryland's now 4-1 and Miami's 2-2. Mmmm....

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
:killingme :lmao: :lol: :roflmao:

if the Terps are "so good", your standards are incredibly low...

:cough::cough:

:pointsandlaughs:

ohstate

Being from Florida (combination of ACC and SEC country), college football is insane down there. I'm used to people chatting about it and watching it. Around here I don't seem to see that following. Does anyone care about college football around here? Are you apathetic because the Terps are no good? Does ACC country care about football?

I care, but not about the Terps or any other ACC team. Nor do I care about the SEC. :) Go Ole Miss!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The NFL...

...needs a more official minor league. On the one hand, competition is far greater today than 20 year ago and we don't just have the same 20 teams at the top all the time. There are the ECU's, the Alcorn's, the NIU's etc.

On the other hand, it's still crazy the amount of money these kids bring to their schools and what they get in exchange.

And it's still just this weird thing that the actual D1 national championship is still decided basically like ice skating and gymnastics.

Kerad

Hell ya!!!

But I'm for my hometown Penn State Nittany Lions, and follow the Big Ten (11) much more than any of the other conferences.

Don't really discuss them on here, though.

thurley42

HY;FR
i'm much more into CFB than I am into the NFL...but that is just growing up where I did and then going to school at OSU....there is nothing in the NFL like going to the Shoe for OSU/Mich....or going up to the Big House for the game...the Esprit de Corps is so much better in College...for obvious reasons of everyone actually belonging to the school or the majority at least. You have your share of jerkoffs but nothing like when i went to the Ravens Browns game in my Browns gear....people are complete idiots...insulting and threatening people with their little children with them...I mean seriously, i like to give crap to people as much as the next person, but little kids? tacky..

I've been to 4 Army Navy games and that's a great rivalry...

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

According to that one woman that posts on here, the one that is always bragging about her daughter who plays softball, the WNBA is a success.:killingme

Ponytail

Living in Georgia for as long as I did, I can't help but be a Bulldogs fan.

The only games I watched this weekend, NFL included, was the Michigan/Wisconsin game, and the Eagles/BEars game. The college game was a MUCH better game to watch. :ohwell: