Does anyone plan on NOT watching the conventions?

D

dems4me

Originally posted by FromTexas
Why? Does she like Bush, too?

I could care less what Woopie said. They have their fun, and we can have ours. I doubt she said she was for him, though.

:biggrin:

It had to do with what Ted Danson did at the roast he held for her in black face years ago where he then had the audacity to say something to the effect that African American women were also sexually and largely endowed in a certain area...shortly before they broke up.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by dems4me
It had to do with what Ted Danson did at the roast he held for her in black face years ago where he then had the audacity to say something to the effect that African American women were also sexually and largely endowed in a certain area...shortly before they broke up.

I believe he was actually referring to the performance she made making fun of Bush's name for the Democrats that caused such a stir. Come on, keep up with the politics. No wonder you libs are so easily led off. You don't even know whats happening around you. :wink:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by rraley
but I was also interested to hear from President Carter. I thought that Carter's speech was perhaps the best last night.
Oh if you were only old enough to remember the Iran hostage crisis. Of all people to give a speech about foriegn policy it had to be done by the man who made us the patsy boys to the Islamic fundamentalists. Over 300 days while he hemed and hawed hand wringing. Then he finally grew a pair and sent in a rescue mission that was so ill concieved that it was doomed for failure. He did broker the Camp David accords but hey wait a minute.....they went right back to fighting, just as they have always done. Inflation so bad it hurt to open your wallet....memoriessssssssss.

I think Mike Medved said it best. Here is a one term President who the Democrats wouldn't let get within 200 miles of the convention for 20 years and now he is pushed out on stage for the opening day. I wonder if Mondale or Dukakis are available this week.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Carter was an Annapolis grad and served for 7 years. Does anyone remember his service record being touted as ubiquitously as Kerry's is today during his run for office in '76? I was too young to pay attention then, at only 8 years old. Is Kerry's service record really that important to Dem voters? Is it something that Dems are overtly 'proud' of in their candidate?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by Pete
Oh if you were only old enough to remember the Iran hostage crisis. Of all people to give a speech about foriegn policy it had to be done by the man who made us the patsy boys to the Islamic fundamentalists. Over 300 days while he hemed and hawed hand wringing. Then he finally grew a pair and sent in a rescue mission that was so ill concieved that it was doomed for failure. He did broker the Camp David accords but hey wait a minute.....they went right back to fighting, just as they have always done. Inflation so bad it hurt to open your wallet....memoriessssssssss.

I think Mike Medved said it best. Here is a one term President who the Democrats wouldn't let get within 200 miles of the convention for 20 years and now he is pushed out on stage for the opening day. I wonder if Mondale or Dukakis are available this week.

Hey, they did run the tank scene of Dukakis on their little video banner for all the applaud to. Can you believe they actually found a candidate LEFT of good old Dukakis? This house of cards is going to come tumbling down.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
I think I laughed so hard just now I peed a few drops. His speech makes about as much sense as a russian monkey on crack talking to a german weasel. They sure put some valium in his drink though. The excitement is so much I might just have to go take a testosterone bath and throw myself into a cage full of angry badgers.

And what is with their f'ing theme song? We Are Family? Could we pick a gayer theme. T

WTF? They are talking about the spontaniety of his message? That sounded like it was read straight from a prompter. Very mellow and monotonous.

This message has been brought to you by your local digital brown shirt.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by Steve
Obama coming up... Obama? Osama? A connection?

:lol: That is mean. We shouldn't go that far. However, Al-Jazeera did get a press pass to the DNC media room. This is a first for Al-Jazeera (or any other Middle Eastern propagandist media). It is always nice to bring in the media group that likes to show your people being beheaded and dragged through the streets again and again.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by Toxick
Wonder if they'll be at the RNC.

That is why I haven't slammed too hard on it. The RNC may feel the need to be "equal" and not show bias (or some other reasoning). However, I hope they do not feel the need to.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by BuddyLee
Very powerful speech I thought. I wonder if he'll run for president one day.

Very charismatic and compelling speech.

Very typical rhetoric, unfortunately.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Obama

I DO NOT think that choosing to use the statistic of 900 dead in the Iraqi campaign is good for the Dems. They use it as if it is the most horrendous loss in history. Michael Moore uses it freely in his attacks on the Bush administration and US action in Iraq. Forget that the majority were caused by post-occupation bombings by suicide terrorists.

WWI = 50,600 US KIA
WWII = 292,000
Korea = 33,629
Vietnam = 58,226
Gulf War = 378
Iraqi Freedom = 900

New York = 3000+

How quickly people forget...

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Death toll

Steve

Enjoying life!
Notice that all but the last figure was the result of us, the US and our allies, no matter how misguided we were, acting in the defense of those who we believed were the innocent and the oppressed.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Obama

Originally posted by Steve
I DO NOT think that choosing to use the statistic of 900 dead in the Iraqi campaign is good for the Dems. They use it as if it is the most horrendous loss in history. Michael Moore uses it freely in his attacks on the Bush administration and US action in Iraq. Forget that the majority were caused by post-occupation bombings by suicide terrorists.

WWI = 50,600 US KIA
WWII = 292,000
Korea = 33,629
Vietnam = 58,226
Gulf War = 378
Iraqi Freedom = 900

New York = 3000+

How quickly people forget...

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Death toll

So 900 lives are meaningless?

Steve

Enjoying life!
Thanks for the bump!

Let's update our figures while we chat. According to the Associated Press today, here are the current numbers:

671 combat-related deaths
235 non-hostile related deaths

Now, I never said that 900 lives were meaningless, but neither were the 50K, 100K, 180K(?) Kurds that have been killed over the years, not to mention the numbers of Iraqi citizens. But that will get us into the same argument others have already covered.

I AM saying that the Dems should avoid using the 900 as justification for electing their man. I would also find it just as repulsive for Bush to use the 3000 from 9/11 to justify his own reelection. Its in poor taste.

To put things into perspective, the CDC reports that during the period 1980-1993 27,070 service members died while serving on active duty. Of these, 561 were killed during combat operations, the remainder died of all kinds of causes.

Maybe the Dems should add up all of the 'other' active duty deaths in the last four years to pump up their numbers in support of their rhetoric.