Does She Have A Case?

Does She Have A Case?

• Total voters

Qurious

Im On 1.
Boyfriend financed a car for his girlfriend because she had bad credit.

She made all the payments on the car while he paid for the insurance on it.

They pay off the car together with their income tax refund out of their joint account.

They break up.

She gets into a car accident while pregnant with his second child and the car is totalled.

A claim is filed with the insurance company and the insurance company issues a check made out to the policyholder (the ex-boyfriend) for what the car is worth.

The ex-boyfriend takes the insurance money, adds his own to it and buys himself a new car. She is left without one.

The insurance company reimbursed the girlfriend for her wages and medical expenses.

She is now suing the ex for the amount of the insurance check issued for the car.

Do u think she has a case? :popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Qurious said:
Do u think she has a case?
If his name is on the title and the insurance is under his name, he is the legal owner of the car and the girlfriend is SOL.

Qurious

Im On 1.
vraiblonde said:
If his name is on the title and the insurance is under his name, he is the legal owner of the car and the girlfriend is SOL.

she was on the insurance policy too though...

If Judge Judy heard this case and the boyfriend admitted to them both paying for the car then I think she would be entitled to at least 1/3 of the money. :shrug:

Qurious

Im On 1.
CableChick said:
If Judge Judy heard this case and the boyfriend admitted to them both paying for the car then I think she would be entitled to at least 1/3 of the money. :shrug:

he never paid one payment.

i'll add...he hasn't paid child support since they broke up.

so not only is he in the arrears, he left her without a car and took the insurance money! thats grimey...

im showing up as a wittness for her...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Qurious said:
she was on the insurance policy too though...
Doesn't matter. I can put you on my insurance, but it doesn't mean you own my car.

Your friend is one of the poorer decision-makers I've ever heard of.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Qurious said:

so not only is he in the arrears, he left her without a car and took the insurance money! thats grimey...

If her name is on the title and the insurance policy, she is entitled to half the money :yay:

Qurious

Im On 1.
onebdzee said:
If her name is on the title and the insurance policy, she is entitled to half the money :yay:

thats what im thinking if not all - 1/2

..plus the insurance company has paid for all the medical bills, and her lost wages.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Qurious said:
She gets into a car accident while pregnant with his second child and the car is totalled.

A claim is filed with the insurance company and the insurance company issues a check made out to the policyholder (the ex-boyfriend) for what the car is worth.

The ex-boyfriend takes the insurance money, adds his own to it and buys himself a new car. She is left without one.

The insurance company reimbursed the girlfriend for her wages and medical expenses.

She is now suing the ex for the amount of the insurance check issued for the car.

I was wondering why you had stopped posting. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Qurious said:

..plus the insurance company has paid for all the medical bills, and her lost wages.
Is her name on the title?

onebdzee

off the shelf
Qurious said:

To get more than half she will probably have to prove that she made all the payments

If she made the payment with a check, she can go to the bank and request a copy of those checks....If it was a money order, she should've saved a copy of it...If it was cash, she's screwed

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Qurious said:
Not the title to the car but her name is on the insurance policy.
If her name isn't on the title, she won't get a dime. It's going to be tough to prove that she paid the payments. Tell her to go after the child support.

Pete

Repete
Qurious said:

stupid hurts

I

Inkpen

Qurious said:
Boyfriend financed a car for his girlfriend because she had bad credit.

She made all the payments on the car while he paid for the insurance on it.

They pay off the car together with their income tax refund out of their joint account.

They break up.

Nope..she is a case though..a nut case for getting knocked up 2 times and then to get hooked into paying for HIS car?
He is some slick dude and she is too stuipd to see she is stupid and has been had.
Can she proove the kids are his?
Aint got no wedding ring..don't give out no bling and ding! :lmao:

Qurious

Im On 1.
Inkpen said:
Nope..she is a case though..a nut case for getting knocked up 2 times and then to get hooked into paying for HIS car?
He is some slick dude and she is too stuipd to see she is stupid and has been had.

one question at a time :smack:

dont people in relationships do things and buy things for one another when the other isn't financially able?
Of course she can prove the kids are his, he knows they are.
They were engaged to be married...he cheated so she broke it off (hence the breaking up)

Pete

Repete
Inkpen said:
Some chicks require very little, a functioning wiener, a Camaro and a mullet. :drool:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Qurious said:
dont people in relationships do things and buy things for one another when the other isn't financially able?
Nope. It's called a "straw purchase" is illegal in some states. Plus, if the insurance was in his name and she was merely on the policy as a driver, then the insurance company finds out that *she* was the primary driver of the vehicle, the case will be a moot point because the insurance company will sue them for fraud.