Dog Training

Roman

I'd like to hang him in the air by a choke collar until all two feet are off the ground and he urinates and defecates all over himself. WOuldnt mind punching, kicking and throwing the SOB around a little either. Oh yeah and throw in a few good shocks just for good measure.
I couldn't read the article, but anyone who abuses an animal deserves Jail Time, and should be made to do Community Service in a Shelter. Totally supervised that is.

PrepH4U

That is who will be working with my Deaf Pup.

You will really like her, she has been very good for my GSD who was afraid of her own shadow. I contacted her because I did not want to deal with fear aggression down the road.
Once we got basic obedience down (which builds confidence) we have been going on field trips to increase her exposure (which also builds confidence). She is a very patient & positive trainer. It may take a few of the same lessons but this kind of training will last a lifetime with your dog.

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
You will really like her, she has been very good for my GSD who was afraid of her own shadow. I contacted her because I did not want to deal with fear aggression down the road.
Once we got basic obedience down (which build confidence) we have been going on field trips to increase her exposure (which also builds confidence). She is a very patient & positive trainer. It may take a few of the same lessons but this kind of training will last a lifetime with your dog.

:shrug:.... what???? I hear yelling at the dog works very well....

:coffee: you should have tried that before taking my advice like you did :coffee:

PrepH4U

:shrug:.... what???? I hear yelling at the dog works very well....

:coffee: you should have tried that before taking my advice like you did :coffee:

If I would have yelled at Tesla she would have crawled inside her skin! :lol: She never disobeyed because she was too submissive and never wanted to displease us.
Meeting strangers brought on barking and hiding behind me, which was not good. You know what was a breakthrough moment for me, she actually did not come when I called her in from the back yard. She looked at me and went off and did her thing. To me that was a good sign of a normal dog starting to emerge.
Two of our lessons was going to the vet just to hang out and get treats from everyone. Last visit she actually did a stay command on the scale. :yahoo: I could go on and on about positive training.... But my feelings on anyone that would shock a dog into submission or yell at them to perform basic obedience(thinking they understand the english language loudly) does not understand canine behavior. :shrug:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
If I would have yelled at Tesla she would have crawled inside her skin! :lol: She never disobeyed because she was too submissive and never wanted to displease us.
Meeting strangers brought on barking and hiding behind me, which was not good. You know what was a breakthrough moment for me, she actually did not come when I called her in from the back yard. She looked at me and went off and did her thing. To me that was a good sign of a normal dog starting to emerge.
Two of our lessons was going to the vet just to hang out and get treats from everyone. Last visit she actually did a stay command on the scale. :yahoo: I could go on and on about positive training.... But my feelings on anyone that would shock a dog into submission or yell at them to perform basic obedience(thinking they understand the english language loudly) does not understand canine behavior. :shrug:

well said....

and with that said... come to find out i am working with a submissive and reactive dog. So... positive training for the ob.... and it works well for her....

now for the reactive side.... Chris showed me how to be assertive with her but not put her back to a fearful side. And with this come me using a more powerful and forceful voice with lead corrections..... I STILL AM NOT YELLING AT HER.... this is the only time i use harder leash corrections with her. So what we have started to see with her is she knows what she "shouldnt do"..... she is a trip i tell ya!!

I cant wait to have the same class.....

Terrylt7

So did you have to buy the electronic shock collar for him to use on your dog?
I would rather use positive training methods not ones that command instant fear.

Yes he sure does use an E collar! Not for punishment, for training! The E collars are nothing like they used to be a few years back. It's not even really a shock. I tried it on my hand. Positive training?? Is that like "sit, here's a treat"? We all have opinions, that's what makes the world go around. He must have been doing good with the dogs at Andrews Airforce Base. I am completly satisfied with what my pup has learned and he hasn't been "shocked" one time. It's "vibration"

BigRox

Pls PM the trainer's name

there is ONLY ONE person I would ever recommend.... and MANY i would say stay away from (but I will not say right out those names... but i will PM the names)

I trust this person as her MANY YEARS of being a K9 handler and trainer has given her what MANY "trainers" will never have... and that is the understanding of K9 behavior.

ANY FOOL can "learn" how to train a dog..... BUT its the understanding of the K9 behavior that is needed when there is a problem. Not all K9s are the same.

We have "that dog." I'm interested in a good trainer for GSD. TIA