Doggy play date?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyone else have a smaller dog and would like a dog park buddy? There are almost never any dogs in the small dog section when I take Apollo, so he doesn't have anyone to play with except me and he gets bored.

So yes, I want to set up a play date for my dog. :lol:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
my large dogs like small dogs....

:shrug:... they love the kittens....

you should come walk him one eve so they can meet up!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

I'll vouch for ICit's dogs. They are always wonderful with my munchkins.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:bawl:... but your doggies didnt like mine..... :killingme
:lol:

I don't think T had ever seen such big doggies. He didn't know what they were! So other than being temporarily terrorified...he was fine. The princess though is just a hateful biyatch and wanted all the dogs everywhere to shut up and go lay down so she could get a nap. She also wanted everybody to bring her kibbles and treats. Rub her belly and worship her as the goddess she is. So in short, the diva was having a drama momma moment. Nothing new. She is quite bossy. E handled that quite well. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Anyone else have a smaller dog and would like a dog park buddy? There are almost never any dogs in the small dog section when I take Apollo, so he doesn't have anyone to play with except me and he gets bored.

Does Bubba count? He's about the same size. :lol:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
:lol:

I don't think T had ever seen such big doggies. He didn't know what they were! So other than being temporarily terrorified...he was fine. The princess though is just a hateful biyatch and wanted all the dogs everywhere to shut up and go lay down so she could get a nap. She also wanted everybody to bring her kibbles and treats. Rub her belly and worship her as the goddess she is. So in short, the diva was having a drama momma moment. Nothing new. She is quite bossy. E handled that quite well. :lol:

TRUE.....
E was the first to meet the kittens at 4 weeks old... I let G in the other day and they had a panic attack!! :killingme she is like mother hen....
the did warm up to her...
so next day i took both up there... and they saw E walk in and ran over to him.. aawww it was off the cart on the cute factor!!! they were playing with his ears. :biggrin:.... they love the GSD's tail!!!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

You want to come over to my house and put your dog in my backyard?
We could stand on the outside of the fence and watch all the fun they have playing and running.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Thanks, but I'm really looking for a dog park buddy. Several of my neighbors have smaller dogs that Apollo interacts with, but none of them ever go to the park.

Ooh! And I have a rant!

Why do people take their smaller dogs to the big dog area instead of the small dog area? Here's Apollo all alone, and there are Poms, Pugs, MinPins, etc on the big side getting run over by the giants. Why not just let them run in the area appropriate to their size?

SoMDGirl42

Thanks, but I'm really looking for a dog park buddy. Several of my neighbors have smaller dogs that Apollo interacts with, but none of them ever go to the park.

Ooh! And I have a rant!

Why do people take their smaller dogs to the big dog area instead of the small dog area? Here's Apollo all alone, and there are Poms, Pugs, MinPins, etc on the big side getting run over by the giants. Why not just let them run in the area appropriate to their size?

the owners have short man syndrome.

they think their 5 lb Yorkie is all big and bad! :killingme

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
What dog park do you go to and is it marked, big dogs and small dogs? I honestly didn't know there were two sections.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

Ooh! And I have a rant!

I dont think size should be a big deal.... only time its an issue over there is when you have a dog with lots of prey drive... when I use to go I would let my 5lb yorkie stay in the big dog side....

I stopped going because owners didnt pickup poo...and would bring sick dogs in and then mine got sick.

also they got sick from the water a few times..... and the final straw was when someone left the back gate ajar and my dogs got out the back way.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I went a couple of times but I had issues with
1) people would bring their big dogs (that I didn't know) into the small dogs area. "Oh he's well behaved". The diva weighed in at a whopping 3 pounds. I did not want a big dog unintentionally hurting her which was the whole reason I had her in the small dog area.
2) people bringing their nasty little children into the small dog area to chase and harrass my dog. She hates children now.

The whole thing wasn't worth the drama so I stopped going.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I went a couple of times but I had issues with
1) people would bring their big dogs (that I didn't know) into the small dogs area. "Oh he's well behaved". The diva weighed in at a whopping 3 pounds. I did not want a big dog unintentionally hurting her which was the whole reason I had her in the small dog area.
2) people bringing their nasty little children into the small dog area to chase and harrass my dog. She hates children now.

The whole thing wasn't worth the drama so I stopped going.

true.. now i have seen where people use the small dog area for shy dogs.. but will move if small dogs come in.

and about the kids.. yeah... im not a free babysitter.... and if I have to yell at your devil spawn.... dont get pissed.... I will yell at you next!!!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
mini me is an animal whisperer. She could fix that. :killingme

Animals love her as much as she loves them.

Can I pay her with cookies? She does good with older kids, but the small ones she freaks out about. I blame strange children shrieking and chasing and trying to grab her. It traumatized her. :frown: