Dollar Store!!!

cdsulhoff

I am not sure if this has been posted or where to post it but I thought some of you would like to know this!!

DOLLAR STORE INVESTIGATION
Even if you don't buy things like this at the local Dollar Stores, you probably have someone on your email list that MIGHT so it is a good thing to pass along :)
Have a great week!
Holly

A news investigation on dollar stores (including
Dollar Tree and others)

They discovered the Crest, Colgate and other
brand name toothpastes weren't the same as from drug,
and grocery stores, etc. The toothpastes were
manufactured in many other countries and are not
approved by the American Dental Association ( ADA ).

There was even some from South Africa and the
fluoride is ten times stronger than what we're allowed in
the U.S. (prescription strength).

They're allowed stronger because they don't have
fluoridated water (like we do). So if we (or our kids)
use it often and occasionally swallow it, we
could be poisoning ourselves. The dollar stores declined
to comment and a full investigation has begun. So
stick to paying full-price at your grocery store, drug
store, and send this e-mail to anyone who MIGHT
shop at dollar stores. (Use Wal-Mart instead)

This is a true story it has been confirmed read below

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/toothpaste.asp

Be careful also of food products, cake mixes, cereal, etc.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
cdsulhoff said:
I am not sure if this has been posted or where to post it but I thought some of you would like to know this!!

DOLLAR STORE INVESTIGATION
Even if you don't buy things like this at the local Dollar Stores, you probably have someone on your email list that MIGHT so it is a good thing to pass along :)
Have a great week!
Holly

A news investigation on dollar stores (including
Dollar Tree and others)

They discovered the Crest, Colgate and other
brand name toothpastes weren't the same as from drug,
and grocery stores, etc. The toothpastes were
manufactured in many other countries and are not
approved by the American Dental Association ( ADA ).

There was even some from South Africa and the
fluoride is ten times stronger than what we're allowed in
the U.S. (prescription strength).

They're allowed stronger because they don't have
fluoridated water (like we do). So if we (or our kids)
use it often and occasionally swallow it, we
could be poisoning ourselves. The dollar stores declined
to comment and a full investigation has begun. So
stick to paying full-price at your grocery store, drug
store, and send this e-mail to anyone who MIGHT
shop at dollar stores. (Use Wal-Mart instead)

This is a true story it has been confirmed read below

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/toothpaste.asp

Be careful also of food products, cake mixes, cereal, etc.
Odd-no mention of China :confused:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
cdsulhoff said:
My cousin email me this today. I thought is was very interesting!

I've never liked the idea of buying things that are edible or any types of medication, etc. from the dollar store, just for that reason. Just never know where it comes from. I always worry they are selling out of date stuff or things that have been recalled and pulled off other store shelves. Probably half the toys they sell aren't even safe for kids to play with, but who knows.

cdsulhoff

I know I would never buy anything edible in a dollar store. Well Maybe Some Candy but that is it when it comes to the edible part..

Sweet 16

^^8^^
:yikes: We've been buying name-brand toothpaste at Dollar Tree for years. We buy name-brand perishable (frozen) foods there too cuz it's so much cheaper than the grocery store. I've never had a problem, but I guess I'll read the labels more carefully before I buy any more. Who knew?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
What happens when toothpaste goes beyond its expiration date? It gets cheaper.

What does the American Dental Association seal of approval mean? The ADA got paid by the toothpaste manufacturer.

What does too much fluoride in your toothpaste do to your teeth? Nothing if you spit it out. If you swallow it all the time for many years your teeth get really hard..........and have funny spots in the enamel.

ylexot

Super Genius
Lenny said:
What does too much fluoride in your toothpaste do to your teeth? Nothing if you spit it out. If you swallow it all the time for many years your teeth get really hard..........and have funny spots in the enamel.
It's probably better for those of us on well water too (since we don't have the added fluoride).

itsbob

I bowl overhand
10 times the legal amount of Flouride.. PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH off the shelf..

Going to buy some toothpaste at a dollar store.. maybe a case.. apparently the feds are onto them.

C

czygvtwkr

pingrr said:
Does the dollar store sell sex toys?

I have seen rubbers at the dollar store as well as at Big Lots.

Damned if I would trust one of those.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Sweet 16 said:
:yikes: We've been buying name-brand toothpaste at Dollar Tree for years. We buy name-brand perishable (frozen) foods there too cuz it's so much cheaper than the grocery store. I've never had a problem, but I guess I'll read the labels more carefully before I buy any more. Who knew?

:yeahthat:

Holy Shiat!!! I went into the one in WALDORF St Charles Town(e) Plaza and I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO impressed at that place. How the heck do they sell it all for $1. I bought a bag each of the frozen nuggets and chicken strips and enjoyed them. I plan to go back one day to rack up. I couldn't believe all of that food they were selling for $1. :yum: :eyebrow:

cdsulhoff

Dollar Store!!! 06-12-2007 04:17 PM you shop at the dollar store so you can save pennies to buy that ugly junk fake jewelry don't you?

OMG! :jameo: Someone figure me out!! :lmao:

cdsulhoff

I saw that report today as well on the news. ? Why in the hell would you buy toothpaste from a dollar store? I mean come on, toothpaste is not that expensive in the first place. Why risk your health and teeth on something that could be outdated or now we found out with poison in it ..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
browneyes said:
They just came out with more information on this today. The counterfeit tooth paste is made to look like Colgate. It contains poison and has been recalled.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/14/health/main2926845.shtml
Fluoride is a "poison".. now they are just starting with the Hysterics..

I saw the story and not once did they name the POISON that was in the toothpaste, so I'm assuming someone told the press 10X the legal limit of flouride, a possible toxic level over the long term, and the press turned that into.. "Dollar Store selling poisoned toothpaste!!"