Dolphins in St George creek

Just beautiful!!!! a few babies also

Scared the crap outta me at first... in the kayak.... out of the corner of my eye... I see a gray fin sticking out of the water.. first thought ..
S-H-A-R-K!!!!!

Rt235

Bob, you are an arse of the 1st degree.

St. George's Creek, to the east of Piney Point, St. Georges Island.
St. Mary County.
As the other side is the Potomac River.
:howdy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bob, you are an arse of the 1st degree.

St. George's Creek, to the east of Piney Point, St. Georges Island.
St. Mary County.
As the other side is the Potomac River.
:howdy:

Does that mean I have a black belt in arsedness??

Rt235

St. George Island and St. Mary's County.

??? St. George's Island IS in St. Marys.

Don't know the "AND" part of your comment.????

The inlet between Piney Point and the island connects the Potomac and the Creek. I have done a lot of fishing there for spot !!!
Good fishing, no wonder the dolphins are there!!

Bonehead

Dang

I spent many hours kayaking there a long time ago (80s) I worked at the Lundeberg school and never saw any dolphin that is cool !

In those days in 10' of water you could fill a bushel basket with oysters (scuba) in as far as your arm would reach....my last trip the bottom was barren as in nothing but some grass.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Just beautiful!!!! a few babies also

Scared the crap outta me at first... in the kayak.... out of the corner of my eye... I see a gray fin sticking out of the water.. first thought ..
S-H-A-R-K!!!!!

There goes the fishing for the weekend

glhs837

Power with Control
Back a (quite) few years ago, I ended up on the island of Ascencion, and there was a fish fry on the beach. When they mentioned we were eating dolphin, I, who had never known there was a fish by the same name, was a bit freaked out:) :killingme

sockgirl77

Back a (quite) few years ago, I ended up on the island of Ascencion, and there was a fish fry on the beach. When they mentioned we were eating dolphin, I, who had never known there was a fish by the same name, was a bit freaked out:) :killingme

Mahi Mahi and it's great. I saw it on the menu at this great restaurant in NC called Pirate's Cove when I was 17. I almost jumped out of my chair. My date then told me that it was not a Flipper dolphin. Of course he had to order it. I tried it and it was yummy.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mahi Mahi and it's great. I saw it on the menu at this great restaurant in NC called Pirate's Cove when I was 17. I almost jumped out of my chair. My date then told me that it was not a Flipper dolphin. Of course he had to order it. I tried it and it was yummy.

I'll be catching my share next week, never seen a more beautiful tasty fish but their color fades fast once out of the water.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Back in the mid-90s, I was at Swann's when a school of more than a hundred came up the creek from the south. Loping along and regularly broaching the surface in shallow dives..continued all the way up to about the eel plant..then only a bit later they came back south and left under the bridge.

It took a good half an hour to watch the steady procession pass through, there were so many of them.

Always great to see them pay us a visit once in awhile.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Back in the mid-90s, I was at Swann's when a school of more than a hundred came up the creek from the south. Loping along and regularly broaching the surface in shallow dives..continued all the way up to about the eel plant..then only a bit later they came back south and left under the bridge.

It took a good half an hour to watch the steady procession pass through, there were so many of them.

Always great to see them pay us a visit once in awhile.

When my Brother and I were kids, we spent a month in Florida one summer.
We went to Sea World, where they handed spectators a smelt after the show and you could feed the dolphins. People petted them as they gave them a fish. They feel like wet vinyl; and all muscle.